- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogCalifornia Ballot Initiative to Establish Disclosure and Opt-Out Requirements for Consumers’ Personal InformationPosted on June 18, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn November 6, 2018, California voters will consider a ballot initiative called the California Consumer Privacy Act. The Act is designed to give California residents the right to request from businesses the categories of personal information the business has sold or disclosed to third parties, with some exceptions. Continue Reading
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogEuropean Banking Authority Recommendations on Outsourcing to Cloud Service ProvidersPosted on June 18, 2018 by Mark RasdaleLast week MoneyConf firmly put Dublin in the Fintech spotlight. The pressure on financial services firms to make better use of technology to reduce costs and improve customer service shows no sign of relenting. At the same time they need to carefully navigate the related regulatory challenges around technology outsourcing. A member of the ECB...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogOne of the hidden benefits of Regulation A+ offerings: variable pricingPosted on June 18, 2018 by Marc J. Adesso
- Blog: Biologics BlogFirst Decision on Label Carve-Outs for Biosimilars Expected in Enbrel LitigationPosted on June 17, 2018 by As biosimilar litigation between Amgen, the maker of Enbrel® (etanercept), and Sandoz, the maker of biosimilar ErelziTM (etanercept-szzs) heads toward trial before Judge Claire Cecchi in the District of New Jersey, Sandoz is seeking to stave off Amgen’s infringement claims for three of the patents in suit by pointing to its recent amendment to the [...]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsEmployer Document Retention Policies: Relevant ERISA RequirementsPosted on June 14, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupMany employers maintain policies for compliance with the various laws governing document retention. In developing such a policy, it is important for employers to consider the rules applicable to documents related to plans subject to ERISA: Section 107 of ERISA mandates a six-year document retention period for purposes of its reporting and disclosure requirements (e.g., […] The post Employer Document Retention Policies: Relevant ERISA Requirements appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerThings That Make You Go HmmmmPosted on June 12, 2018 by Robert LaplacaCommercial Co-Ventures and Sweepstakes Promotions Remember that song in the ‘90s from the C+C Music Factory called “Things That Make You Go Hmmm….” I guess I did when I came across some recent promotions. Perhaps these practice tips will stay with you longer than C+C’s 15 minutes of fame. Bar Exam Sweepstakes The set up: Most young lawyers-to-be are weighed down with tremendous debt after three years of law school, but they have the hope that by shelling out another $250 they’ll get [...]