Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals Blog
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsEmployer Document Retention Policies: Relevant ERISA RequirementsPosted on June 14, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupMany employers maintain policies for compliance with the various laws governing document retention. In developing such a policy, it is important for employers to consider the rules applicable to documents related to plans subject to ERISA: Section 107 of ERISA mandates a six-year document retention period for purposes of its reporting and disclosure requirements (e.g., […] The post Employer Document Retention Policies: Relevant ERISA Requirements appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Waller Law BlogWith Insider Trading Back in the News, Is It Time to Revisit Your Insider Trading Policy? Posted on June 14, 2018 by Wes Scott,Ryan FranklinSEC Charges Investment Banker in Insider Trading Scheme
- Blog: EndpointsFederal “Right to Try”: Don’t Disregard Your State Laws Just Yet!Posted on June 12, 2018 by Academic and Clinical Research GroupHow Federal Preemption (or Lack Thereof) Could Influence the Use of Federal “Right to Try” As discussed in our Alert of June 4, “Right to Try” Comes to the Federal Stage: What Stakeholders Should Do Now, manufacturers, patients, providers and IRBs are now grappling with two alternative federal pathways through which manufacturers may (but are not required) to provide investigational drugs for treatment purposes outside of an FDA-overseen clinical investigation. As manufacturers, treating physicians, institutions, and other stakeholders pause to consider [...]
- Blog: Biologics BlogFederal Circuit Issues Two Decisions Impacting Standing to Challenge Validity of Pharma PatentsPosted on May 22, 2018 by Two recent Federal Circuit decisions address when a party has standing to challenge the validity of a patent. Though the cases arose in different contexts, they both center on the question of what it means for a party to be facing an imminent and cognizable injury. In Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Paragon Bioteck, Inc., 17-1487, [...]
- Blog: Homeostasis: Dykema's Health Care Law BlogHighlights of Tax Reform Applicable to Healthcare OrganizationsPosted on May 21, 2018 by Matthew D. ShellThe Internal Revenue Code recently received its most significant overhaul in decades by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (2017 Tax Act). Below is a brief summary of the 2017 Tax Act’s impact on healthcare organizations. Additional guidance is expected to be forthcoming from the IRS on many of these topics. Read More › Tags: