- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 18 – Bessemer Venture Partners with Sunil NagarajPosted on March 27, 2017 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Sunil Nagaraj from international venture capital firm Bessemer Venture Partners. www.bvp.com
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateTenth Circuit Clarifies Rule of Reason Analysis for Tying ClaimsPosted on March 27, 2017 by Tying is a chameleon in antitrust law. Courts can condemn tying arrangements as either per se violations or as unlawful under the rule of reason. For a per se tying violation, plaintiff must show that the defendant had economic power in the market for the tying item sufficient to enable it to restrain trade in [...]
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogWebinar Recording Available on China’s New Cybersecurity LawPosted on March 24, 2017 by Hunton & Williams LLPOn March 7, 2017, Hunton & Williams LLP hosted a webinar with Beijing partner Bing Maisog on China’s new Cybersecurity Law. China’s new Cybersecurity Law will impose new restrictions on information flows from operators of key information infrastructure, and will become effective in June 2017. Maisog discussed the key aspects of the new Cybersecurity Law, … Continue Reading
- Blog: Minter Ellison Technology, Media and IP BlogPerspectives on Cyber Risk 2017Posted on March 17, 2017 by We are delighted to announce the publication of our second annual cyber security survey report, Perspectives on Cyber Risk 2017. The 12 months since the publication of our last report has seen some of the most devastating cyber incidents yet. No organisation type or industry has been spared. From finance, retail, hospitality and healthcare, to mining and resources, utilities, professional services and education – it's clear that everyone is fair game in cyberspace. In the context of an increasingly stringent regulatory landscape, and the ever increasing interconnection of organis...
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Provides Transition Relief Regarding QSEHRA Notice DeadlinePosted on March 9, 2017 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe IRS has provided transition relief under its Notice 2017-20 (the “IRS Notice”) regarding the employee notice requirement that small employers must meet if they want to provide a “qualified small employer health reimbursement arrangement” (“QSEHRA”) to their employees. As background, the 21st Century Cures Act (the “Cures Act”) permits certain employers who are not [...]
- Blog: SerendIPity: Intellectual Property Law BlogSupreme Court’s Ruling on Damages Creates Uncertain Future for Design PatentsPosted on December 21, 2016 by Matthew T. HaysIn an opinion handed down on December 6th, 2016, the Supreme Court continued its tradition of unanimously overruling the Federal Circuit while chipping away at the power of patents. While the decision itself was brief and uncomplicated, it characteristically left the most difficult questions to be debated in the lower courts. Read More › Tags: