- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsEmployer Document Retention Policies: Relevant ERISA RequirementsPosted on June 14, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupMany employers maintain policies for compliance with the various laws governing document retention. In developing such a policy, it is important for employers to consider the rules applicable to documents related to plans subject to ERISA: Section 107 of ERISA mandates a six-year document retention period for purposes of its reporting and disclosure requirements (e.g., […] The post Employer Document Retention Policies: Relevant ERISA Requirements appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogColorado Amends Data Breach Notification Law and Enacts Data Security RequirementsPosted on June 14, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPRecently, Colorado’s governor signed into law House Bill 18-1128 "concerning strengthening protections for consumer data privacy," which takes effect on September 1, 2018. Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogWith Insider Trading Back in the News, Is It Time to Revisit Your Insider Trading Policy? Posted on June 14, 2018 by Wes Scott,Ryan FranklinSEC Charges Investment Banker in Insider Trading Scheme
- Blog: HB BrieflyRevisiting Alvarado: “Work Week v. Pay Period” Question RemainsPosted on June 6, 2018 by tjb“The California Supreme Court Modifies Its Opinion in Alvarado v. Dart Container Corporation, 4 Cal.5th 542 (2018) only to leave open the ‘workweek v. pay period’ regular rate calculation question.” Things couldn’t get much worse for employers in the area of calculating the regular rate of pay – a complicated operation even on a good … Continue reading Revisiting Alvarado: “Work Week v. Pay Period” Question Remains → The post Revisiting Alvarado: “Work Week v. Pay Period” Question Remains appeared first on Hanson Bridgett Bri...
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogData Protection Commission publishes online DPO and Data Breach Notification FormsPosted on May 30, 2018 by Davinia BrennanThe Data Protection Commission (DPC) has revamped its website and published online forms to help organisations comply with their new obligations under the GDPR. The website contains a new Data Protection Officer (DPO) Notification Form, which must be completed by organisations to inform the DPC of their DPO’s contact details. The GDPR requires the appointment of...Continue Reading…
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportEthereal Summit 2018: Five TakeawaysPosted on May 16, 2018 by MMMTechLawBy: Austin Mills and Rachel Neufeld We recently attended ConsenSys’ Ethereal Summit 2018 in New York. Ethereal was organized around bringing builders, philosophers, policymakers, artists, and humanitarians from around the world together for community building and knowledge sharing around how to create a decentralized future using blockchain technology. 1. Toward a Decentralized Future Unsurprisingly, the […]