- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogBelgian Privacy Commission Issues Recommendation on Data Protection Impact AssessmentPosted on April 20, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPThe Belgian Privacy Commission recently released a Recommendation on Data Protection Impact Assessment and the prior consultation requirements under Articles 35 and 36 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogOIG Offers Online Access to Compliance ResourcesPosted on April 19, 2018 by Denise D. Burke
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateAlabama Federal Court Will Analyze Blue Cross Blue Shield Antitrust Claims Under Per Se Standard; Defers Decision on “Single Entity” DefensePosted on April 13, 2018 by David Kleban, Jonathan H. HatchA court’s decision regarding the proper standard of review in a Sherman Act Section 1 case—whether to analyze the defendant’s conduct as a per se antitrust violation or under the “rule of reason”—is highly significant. The rule of reason requires a plaintiff to show that the anticompetitive effects of the conduct are not outweighed by [...]
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 54 – Passio Technologies with Mitch SkyerPosted on April 9, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Mitch Skyer from Passio Technologies. Passio Technologies provides scalable transit technology solutions that enhance the passenger experience and enable operators to improve efficiency. Passio Technologies is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: HB BrieflyNinth Circuit Underscores The Importance Of Carefully Crafting Class Action SettlementsPosted on March 6, 2018 by Candice ShihIn Brown v. Cinemark USA, Inc., 876 F.3d 1199 (9th Cir. 2017), the Ninth Circuit considered an issue of first impression: whether it had jurisdiction to consider an appeal of an order denying class certification where the individual plaintiffs seeking to represent the class settled their individual claims. In Brown, Plaintiffs Silken Brown and Mario … Continue reading Ninth Circuit Underscores The Importance Of Carefully Crafting Class Action Settlements → The post Ninth Circuit Underscores The Importance Of Carefully Crafting Class Action Settlements appeared first on Hanson Bridg...