- Blog: Biologics BlogIn WesternGeco v. ION Geophysical Corp., the Supreme Court Weighs the Availability of Foreign Damages for U.S. Patent InfringementPosted on April 20, 2018 by On Monday, April 16, 2018, the Supreme Court heard oral argument in WesternGeco LLC, v. ION Geophysical Corporation, No. 16-1011, a case with broad implications for patent holders that sell products abroad. The case addresses whether lost profits accrued outside of the United States can be recovered for patent infringement occurring domestically. In the decision [...]
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogBelgian Privacy Commission Issues Recommendation on Data Protection Impact AssessmentPosted on April 20, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPThe Belgian Privacy Commission recently released a Recommendation on Data Protection Impact Assessment and the prior consultation requirements under Articles 35 and 36 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogOIG Offers Online Access to Compliance ResourcesPosted on April 19, 2018 by Denise D. Burke
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportCutback of CFPB Activities Invites State Authorities to Act — But Will They?Posted on April 16, 2018 by Kyle A. Owens and Brenna E. McGeeAmid the uncertainty over the future of the CFPB, another continuing question is whether state consumer protection authorities will act to fill gaps left by the CFPB’s inaction. State attorneys general have tools available to pursue financial services practices that they believe harm consumers, and some have announced intentions to do so. But to date,...Continue Reading…
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 54 – Passio Technologies with Mitch SkyerPosted on April 9, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Mitch Skyer from Passio Technologies. Passio Technologies provides scalable transit technology solutions that enhance the passenger experience and enable operators to improve efficiency. Passio Technologies is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: Real Estate Advisor Law BlogFix Your Lease Even if You Can’t Fix the WeatherPosted on April 3, 2018 by Scott KadishI attended the recent ICSC Regional Law Conference in Columbus, Ohio. It was a great conference where I reconnected with many great colleagues – including my son Kendall who is only in his second year practicing law, but recently took advantage of his Dad in a lease negotiation where he represented an escape room tenant… Continue Reading