World Services Group continues to expand their tools and resources available for member firms by successfully launching their first webinar of the series titled, “Join the Conversation: Learn the Best Ways to Build Your Brand.” By launching this webinar series, WSG is well poised to leverage and optimize web-based opportunities, and in turn, bring unique benefits and value to member firms.
For the first webinar of the series titled, “Increase the Reach of Your Brand by Harnessing the Power of Social Media,” WSG welcomed digital marketing expert Joe Beccalori, Co-founder and President of Interact Marketing, to participate in the panel discussion along with WSG’s own marketing experts, Maricarmen Trujillo, Jess Ferdinand and Kendall Repka. The panel discussed with attendees the importance of leveraging social media to building a brand’s visibility, as well as specific tips and information regarding how to best utilize social media for a firm’s increased credibility and advancement.
The webinar provided useful recommendations beneficial to firms who are both beginners and advanced in their social media marketing. Expert guest speaker, Joe, discussed the critical importance that research and “knowing your audience” holds with online marketing as well as strategy, managing an editorial calendar, establishing and measuring goals, and sharing quality posts over quantity. The presentation also included a concise infographic highlighting the “do’s and don’ts” of social media. This visual provides an exceptional summary of the points discussed by Joe and WSG marketing team members, as well as a quick social media go-to for those not in attendance.
WSG is immensely pleased with the success of their first webinar and firms in attendance. The next webinar, “How to Show Up in Web Searches: Creating and Implementing an Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategy,” is scheduled for Tuesday, December 16, 2014 from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Central Time. To learn more and register, please click here.
If you would like to discuss how to best leverage WSG’s web-based marketing initiatives and opportunities for your firm, please email email@example.com to schedule a time.
Click here to view a full replay of the webinar, “Increase the Reach of Your Brand by Harnessing the Power of Social Media.”
As the year’s end approaches, it is a great time to reflect on what you have accomplished and which WSG opportunities you will leverage next year. Where is our firm benefitting? Where are our professionals participating? What can we continue to do and improve upon to increment overall value?
WSG’s previous Chairman, Sergio Michelsen, laid out an ambitious plan for the organization throughout his Chairmanship including: alliance partnerships; mobile meeting app; practice group meetings; manage referrals and more. Having successfully implemented the overall objectives, it may have left members wondering what part they play in creating individual success. So, we created a quick member checklist that can be easily accomplished and evaluated. Go over this list and pat yourself on the back for the ones that are marked off. As for the ones that have an empty box next to them…
- Make sure you have downloaded the new WSG Member-to-Member Mobile Meeting App. Not only does this advancement in WSG tools allow ease of meeting materials and updates, it allows members to communicate directly through the messaging feature.
- Sign up for Practice Groups. They are a sure way of connecting with other members, creating thought leadership, developing rapport and adding value to the group. Plus they provide an excellent opportunity to focus your membership in areas that are most important to you and your firm.
- Use the Referral Tool to track referrals and collaborations inbound and outbound. Gage how being a part of WSG results in increased referrals and branding.
- Write and/or read a WSG Blog,Practice Group Blog or member Article and get insight on the latest trends and thoughts while boosting your content development and increasing your industry expertise rankings.
- The new and improved My WSG page allows you to easily enhance your professional identity online, build relationships with members and groups, and discover and share news and insights on topics that are the most important to you and your firm. All WSG members have an account. Login and begin powering up your profile and preferences today.
When you and your firm seek to differentiate yourself from competitors, know that WSG is working with you and for you and your clients. Visit the ‘Resource Center’ tab on the WSG website to decide which opportunities will make a difference for you next year, or just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WSG 2014 Annual Meeting hosted by Deacons, being held in Hong Kong at the InterContinental Hotel is quickly approaching. We are very excited to feature our guest speaker, Mr. Tony Williams, Principal, Jomati Consultants LLP, the leading UK based international legal management consultancy. Mr. Williams will be speaking in regards to The Advance of Global Verein Firms - Threats and Opportunities. To what extent are the global verein structured firms a work in progress and what challenges do they face? Are they likely to succeed in meeting those challenges? What are the consequent threats and opportunities for independent firms?
Mr. Williams has more than thirty years’ experience in the legal profession, occupying senior management positions as well as direct client handling and fee earnings. Prior to establishing Jomati Consultants, Tony had almost 20 years’ experience at Clifford Chance as a corporate lawyer, his last role as Worldwide Managing Partner. As principal of Jomati Consultants, Tony has worked for a range of international and domestic firms in the UK, US and Continental Europe, Asia and Australia. His advice covers such matters as management succession, partner appraisal and remuneration, peer reviews, firm strategy and its implementation including business planning and the positioning of law firms in their market.
For more information visit the online program.
World Services Group (WSG) is proud to announce a new partnership with The Southwestern Institute for International and Comparative Law (SWIICL), part of The Center for American and International Law (CAIL), to promote international legal education to overseas lawyers. SWIICL is a membership organization that offers continuing education programs for in-house and private practice lawyers who practice international business law. Its flagship event, the annual Academy of American and International Law, gives lawyers and judges from outside the United States an opportunity to study American and international legal and business institutions, with an emphasis on American law and process. The Academy is business oriented and addresses a wide range of law-related commercial transactions. The practical curriculum includes both skills training and substantive law subjects (legal writing, negotiations, mediation, international arbitration and litigation, contracts, international business transactions, project finance, mergers and acquisitions, international taxation, and more).
Francesco Gianni, Founding Partner, Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & Partners (Italy), and WSG member is the current Chair of the SWIICL. He and his firm have seen the tremendous value of the Academy and states, “Over the years, my firm has sent more than 20 lawyers to the Academy. It is an incredibly valuable introduction to international and American law. I am proud to bring WSG and the Academy together to build a valuable partnership”.
How You Benefit From This Partnership:
- WSG members will have the opportunity to attend SWIICL’s 51st annual Academy of American and International Law at a discounted rate and without the need to become a member.
- Exposure to notable International Corporate Counsel.
- Networking opportunities with other Academy and WSG Alumni.
What Participants Take Away From The Courses:
- A thought-provoking introduction to the U.S. legal system and international business law.
- The chance to learn from top legal scholars and practitioners addressing speciﬁc questions about international law.
- Learning in an unparalleled multi-cultural environment through interaction with participants from over 20 countries.
- The opportunity to form long-lasting and trustworthy international alliances.
- The chance to sharpen English-language skills through total immersion.
- Exposure to U.S. culture.
WSG Firms Who Have Taken Advantage Of The Academy:
· Bashim, Ringe y Correa
· Brigard & Urrutia
· Bustamante & Bustamante Law Firm
· Consortium Centro America Abogados
· Dacheng Law Office
· Estudio Beccar Varela
· Makarim & Taira S.
· SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan
· Guyer & Regules
· Haynes and Boone
· Hoet Pelaez Castillo & Duque
· Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen
· Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & Partners
· Pacheco Coto
· Veirano Advogados
For more information visit our website at Alliance Partners.
To view the full press release click HERE.
WSG is proud to announce that we are the first multidisciplinary network to implement a mobile application to extend our benefits to our members, giving them more accessibility to WSG’s website no matter where they are. According to theweek.com the “estimated number of smartphones and tablets used worldwide by 2016” will be 10 billion, which will be MORE than the projected world population. The launch into mobile applications is an important factor for any firm or company to grow.
Currently, the majority of WSG mobile app users are from the United States and Canada, with Latin America and Europe falling second and third.
Find your colleagues with our firm and member directory, keep track of your business using our referral/collaboration tool, check out meeting agendas so you know what to expect and lastly, visit our blog to catch up on happenings from around the world.
Scan The QR below or save m.worldservicesgroup.com to your bookmarks:
To read the full press release click HERE.