- Aviation - aircraft sale, purchase, lease, fractional ownership, management and finance transactions, insurance claims, employment of pilots, arrest and repossession of the aircraft and complex cross-border aviation disputes.
Mr. Demyanenko is the President of the WSG's Aviation Practice Group and a member of the European Air Law Association, European Aviation Club and the Aviation Advisory Board at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine.
He is actively involved in lawmaking activity and, in particular, advised the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine on implementation of the Cape Town Convention and preparation of regulations on the IDERA and authorization codes. Team of lawyers led by Mr. Demyanenko has obtained the first IDERA in Ukraine and procured debut Ukrainian registration of international interests under the Cape Town Convention.
- Consulting of private clients - relocation strategies for High Net Worth individuals and families, acquisition of real estate abroad, investments in equity and debt securities, receipt of residency permits, investor visas and foreign citizenship, bank accounts opening, establishment of trusts and assets inheritance planning.
- Corporate and M&A - cross-border investments with particular focus on China, pre-M&A corporate restructurings and reorganizations, establishment of offshore structures, legal presence abroad and acquisition of foreign assets, corporate and secretarial support of business, exit strategies, agreements between shareholders, escrow arrangements and corporate, shareholders and post-M&A disputes.
- Cross-border dispute resolution - managing and advice on high-profile aviation, corporate, shareholders and post-M&A litigations and arbitrations. Mr. Demyanenko has handled numerous disputes in connection with (i) condition of delivered and redelivered aircraft, provision of ground handling services, violation of lease agreements and airline insurance claims; and (ii) breach of shareholders, partnership and JV agreements, R&W claims and performance of option arrangements.
EducationLeavitt Institute for International Development
Academy of Advocacy of Ukraine
Significant AccomplishmentsAccording to Chambers Europe, Oleksiy Demyanenko is praised by clients for his "efficient deal management and hands-on involvement" and "understands what the client needs, and what the client wants to achieve".
- International Bar Association
© Asters, 2018