Peter Bartlett has unparalleled experience in media and communications law and complex business litigation where there is corporate risk. He is one of Australia's leading media and communications law experts, with a practice that covers the full spectrum of media and communications law from both a private commercial and regulatory perspective as well as a public sector perspective.
Peter works extensively in the Australian and international media and communications industry and his practice also spans government and high-profile individuals and major companies from other industries where reputational risk is involved.
Peter is Assistant Treasurer of the International Bar Association , serves on the IBA Legal Practice Division Council and is Liaison Officer to the IBA Asia Pacific Forum and IP, Communications & Technology Section. He is a past Chair of WSG and a past Chair of the WSG Asia Pacific Regional Council. He serves on the WSG Strategy Group.
- International Bar Association
- World Services Group
- Media Law Resource Centre
- Melbourne Press Club
- Australian Services Roundtable
- Centre for Advanced Journalism
- Alert Bill tabled for first tranche of reviews to the Privacy Act, 23 May 2012
- Alert - Convergence Review Final Report - significant changes proposed, 02 May 2012
- Alert - Attorney General releases terms of reference for copyright inquiry, 30 March 2012
- Doing business in Australia, 20 March 2012
- Privacy Update, December 2011
- Alert - Broader scope for the copyright safe harbour scheme, 17 October 2011
- Alert - Senate Response to Exposure Draft on Credit Reporting, 10 October 2011
- Alert - Federal Government call for submissions from those affected by media and communications policy, 11 July 2011
- TMT News, March 2010
- TMT News, December 2009
© MinterEllison, 2017