Kenyon is the office managing partner of the Louisville office. He has tried a wide variety of cases in state and federal courts.
He has represented business plaintiffs in successful jury trials, including three resulting in recoveries by his clients in excess of $1 million. He has also defended business clients in numerous jury trials in civil and criminal cases.
Included in his experience are bench trials, arbitrations and injunction proceedings. His extensive litigation experience includes class action litigation, breach of fiduciary duty litigation, commercial disputes, wrongful discharge litigation, and trade secrets and restrictive covenant issues on behalf of employees and employers. He also represents employers and employees in white collar criminal matters, both in the investigation stage and in litigation. Additionally, Kenyon represents clients who are the subject of investigations initiated by state attorneys general, state and federal administrative regulators, and law enforcement.
His clients come from an array of industries, such as for-profit education, software, construction, rent-to-own, coal, gaming, medical, and media.
Kenyon has a passion for pro bono work and providing legal assistance to the indigent. He has successfully tried three capital murder cases, accepted appointments to represent indigent criminal defendants in state and federal courts for nearly two decades, and is currently lead counsel in a case that has gathered national attention involving the handcuffing of two young children by a school resource officer in elementary schools.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., 1995)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1992)
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- 40 Under 40 Award from Business First
- Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®
- "Benchmark Litigation Star" in Kentucky for the (2016)
- Pro Bono Award from the Louisville Bar Association (2000)
- Best Lawyers© for Labor and Employment Litigation
- "Top Lawyers” list by Louisville Magazine (2013, 2016)
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Children’s Law Center, Inc., Board of Directors
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the 30th Judicial Circuit
© Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, 2018