Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals Blog
- Blog: Patent 213Yet Another Pharmaceutical Patent Falls Under the Scrutiny of 35 U.S.C. § 112Posted on November 12, 2019 by Stephanie D. ScruggsLast week, the Federal Circuit confirmed that Idenix Pharmaceuticals will not be the proud recipient of what was previously regarded as the largest damages award ever recorded in a U.S. patent case. In fact, the majority’s opinion in Idenix Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Gilead Sciences Inc. not only affirmed the district court’s grant of judgment as...
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsReminder of Annual Reporting and IRS Filing for ISO Exercises and ESPP Stock TransfersPosted on November 8, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThis is a reminder for sponsors of equity incentive plans and tax-qualified “employee stock purchase plans” (“ESPPs”) of their year-end information reporting requirements under Section 6039 of the Internal Revenue Code with respect to stock issued to employees or former employees upon the exercise of “incentive stock options” (“ISO”) or transferred under an ESPP. The […] The post Reminder of Annual Reporting and IRS Filing for ISO Exercises and ESPP Stock Transfers appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Waller Law BlogISS vs. SEC – Rumble in the proxy advisor junglePosted on November 6, 2019 by Marc J. Adesso,Mike Brett
- Blog: Biologics BlogPTAB Denies Sigma-Aldrich’s Petition for Patent Interference on CRISPR-Cas9Posted on October 1, 2019 by On September 23, 2019, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (“PTAB”) issued a decision dismissing Sigma-Aldrich’s interference petition related to the revolutionary CRISPR-Cas9 biotechnology. The claims at issue in Sigma-Aldrich’s petition were directed to methods of genetically modifying a eukaryotic cell using a CRISPR-Cas9 system. The petition was unusual because it sought an interference although none of [...]
- Blog: EndpointsExperienced Health Care and Privacy Partner Joins Verrill Dana’s Health Care GroupPosted on December 13, 2018 by Academic and Clinical Research GroupWe are pleased to welcome attorney Nadine Peters to our nationally-recognized Health Care Group. Nadine comes to Verrill Dana with more than 15 years of experience as a health care and privacy attorney and focuses on clients within the health care and life sciences industries. Most recently, Nadine served as Deputy General Counsel at the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), an independent non-profit organization authorized under the Affordable Care Act to fund comparative effectiveness research. Prior to PCORI, she was [...]