Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals Blog
- Blog: Waller Law BlogHealth care fraud and abuse enforcement overview 2018Posted on July 16, 2019 by Jesse C. Neil,Justin R. Hickerson
- Blog: Homeostasis: Dykema's Health Care Law BlogDevelopments in Michigan Controlled Substance Regulation: New MAPS Communication CapabilitiesPosted on July 16, 2019 by Kathleen A. ReedNEW MAPS Capabilities. The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (“LARA”) announced the launch of two new communication capabilities in MAPS, available on July 18, 2019: Read More › Tags:
- Blog: Biologics BlogFederal Circuit Invalidates Polynucleotide-Labeling Claims for Lack of EnablementPosted on July 15, 2019 by In Enzo Life Sciences v. Roche Molecular Systems, No. 2017-2498, 2017-2499, 2017-2545, 2017-2546, Slip op. (Fed. Cir. July 5, 2019), the Federal Circuit affirmed summary judgment of invalidity for lack of enablement of Enzo’s two patents relating to non-radioactive labeling of polynucleotides. The decision highlights non-enablement issues that may arise with respect to broad functional [...]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsCoordinating Retirement Plan Definition of “Compensation” with PayrollPosted on July 10, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupA frequent, but often times avoidable, operational error for retirement plans is the failure to use the proper definition of “compensation” for various plan purposes, including, without limitation, calculating employee deferrals and employer contributions. A retirement plan’s definition of compensation typically includes dozens of components that all must be properly coded in the plan sponsor’s […] The post Coordinating Retirement Plan Definition of “Compensation” with Payroll appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: EndpointsExperienced Health Care and Privacy Partner Join’s Verrill Dana’s Health Care GroupPosted on December 13, 2018 by Academic and Clinical Research GroupWe are pleased to welcome attorney Nadine Peters to our nationally-recognized Health Care Group. Nadine comes to Verrill Dana with more than 15 years of experience as a health care and privacy attorney and focuses on clients within the health care and life sciences industries. Most recently, Nadine served as Deputy General Counsel at the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), an independent non-profit organization authorized under the Affordable Care Act to fund comparative effectiveness research. Prior to PCORI, she was [...]