- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogDPC publishes Annual Report for 2020Posted on March 5, 2021 by Davinia BrennanThe Data Protection Commission (DPC) has published its Annual Report for 2020. The Report looks back on the span of regulatory work completed by the DPC over the past year, and reveals some interesting trends and statistics. It discusses the complaints and breach notifications received; some case-studies; the 83 domestic and cross-border inquiries it has...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogCIPL Submits Response to New Brazilian Data Protection Authority’s First Public Consultation on SMEsPosted on March 4, 2021 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn March 1, 2021, the Centre for Information Policy Leadership at Hunton Andrews Kurth submitted a response to the new Brazilian data protection authority's call for preliminary inputs on the impact of the Brazilian data protection law on small and medium-sized enterprises. Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogCorporate Transparency Act creates privacy concerns for Family Offices and Private Trust CompaniesPosted on February 28, 2021 by The Act creates a risk of sensitive ownership information being exposed.
- Blog: Patent 213“Anything You Say …” — Terms with Inconsistent Definitions Are IndefinitePosted on February 16, 2021 by Andrew TuggleLast week, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) held the term “computer” to be indefinite. That such a familiar term could be indefinite should warn patent practitioners to take care when arguing the scope of a term — even in otherwise unrelated proceedings, possibly separated by years. Infinity Computer Products, Inc.,...
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Video Series Featuring Sid Mookerji, Managing Partner and Founder of Silicon RoadPosted on December 23, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Sid Mookerji, Managing Partner and Founder at Silicon Road. Sid Mookerji is Managing Partner and Founder of Silicon Road Ventures an Atlanta based fund investing into early stage commerce tech ventures. Prior, Sid founded and ran a company that built technologies for retail, e-commerce and CPG companies which was […]
- Blog: The FirewallFTC Launches Investigation Into Facebook, Twitter, and Other Social Media SitesPosted on December 16, 2020 by Sean C. GriffinThe Federal Trade Commission’s increased activity in the data security arena continues, as the FTC has ordered nine social media and video streaming companies—including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Reddit—to provide data on their data privacy practices. The orders seek to discover on (i) how these companies collect, use and present personal information, (ii) their advertising,... Continue Reading