- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogUnrollme Inc. Settles with FTC Over Allegedly Deceptive Email PracticesPosted on August 22, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn August 8, 2019, the FTC announced that Unrollme Inc. (“Unrollme”), an email management company, agreed to settle allegations the company deceived consumers about how it accesses and uses their personal emails. Unrollme offered users a service whereby the company would help unsubscribe users from unwanted subscription emails. In connection with this service, Unrollme required... Continue Reading
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogICO clarifies time limit for responding to subject access requestsPosted on August 21, 2019 by Charlotte TurkThe UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has amended its guidance on the time limit for responding to a subject access request (SAR). Under Article 12 GDPR, a data controller must respond to a SAR “without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.” This can be extended by a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogFederal credit union regulator provides guidance confirming that credit unions can loan to hemp businessesPosted on August 19, 2019 by Marc J. Adesso
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsDOL Updates Model CHIP NoticePosted on August 9, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe DOL has updated the model notice that employers providing group health coverage may use to notify eligible employees about Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (“CHIP”) premium assistance programs available in their home states. Employers must provide this notice before the start of the plan year. The updated model CHIP notice is available here. The post DOL Updates Model CHIP Notice appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 69 – GXG with Craig LemastersPosted on July 31, 2019 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Craig Lemasters of GXG, which helps executives get “unstuck” from major growth challenges and accelerate change within their organization. GXG is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: The FirewallFebruary 27, 2019, CCPA Webinar Q&As: Private Claims Under the CCPAPosted on July 26, 2019 by Lukas Sosnicki and Ashley R. FickelThis blog post is the third in a series of Q&A posts following Dykema’s February 27, 2019 webinar on the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The statute takes effect on January 1, 2020–which is less than six months away. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have a unique question or would... Continue Reading