Law N°21,000 Establishes the National Financial Market Commission of Chile
Carey, March 2017
On February 23, 2017, Law N°21,000 (the “Law”) was published in the Official Gazette of Chile, creating the Commission for the Financial Market (the “Commission”), a professional body and technical entity that will replace the current Superintendency of Securities and Insurance (“ SVS “). The Law will enter into force in August 2018, or at an earlier date if the Commission becomes operational sooner...
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG - Derivatives, Global Legal Group (2020).
- Author of the Introduction "Legal innovations that foreign investors should be aware of", ILFR Guide (2014).
- Co-author of "Secured Transactions South of the Border: Chilean Highlights and Recent Developments", Conference on Consumer Finance Law, Quarterly Report, Oklahoma City University Law School (2012).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in "Essentials of Merger Review", International Antitrust Committee, American Bar Association (2009).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in "Merger Control Worldwide", Cambridge University Press (2005).
- Contributor in several legal reforms promoted by the Chilean government and other non-governmental entities, including the NCG 30’s reform by the Insurance and Securities Commission regarding the registration of securities and debt offerings; the new regulation on corporations; the new law that facilitates the registration of a new business and the code for the certification of mining projects that seeks to facilitate the financing and IPO of new and junior mining companies; among others.