Law N°21,000 Establishes the National Financial Market Commission of Chile
Carey, March 2017
On February 23, 2017, Law N°21,000 (the “Law”) was published in the Official Gazette of Chile, creating the Commission for the Financial Market (the “Commission”), a professional body and technical entity that will replace the current Superintendency of Securities and Insurance (“ SVS “). The Law will enter into force in August 2018, or at an earlier date if the Commission becomes operational sooner...
SVS Establishes New Institutional Investors
Carey, August 2016
On July 27, 2016, the Securities and Insurance Superintendence (“SVS”) issued the general rule 410 (“NCG 410”), which supplements the list of entities that qualify as “institutional investors” according to article 4(e) of the Securities Market Law N°18,045 (“LMV”)...
- Co-author of the article «Regulatory Overview of Fintechs in Chile» in the book «Fintech: Legal Aspects», Cetys, Universidad de San Andrés, Argentina (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Private Equity, Getting the Deal Through (2017).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the book «The Private Equity Law Review», Law Business Research (2012-2016).
- Co-translator to Spanish of the «IBA Guidelines for Drafting International Arbitration Clauses», International Bar Association (2011).
- Author of the book «Inside Information in the Securities Market», LexisNexis (2007), and 2nd edition (2009).