Helena’s practice focuses exclusively on immigration and nationality law.
Helena has over ten years of experience in immigration and nationality law, focusing on employment based matters for companies in the manufacturing, pharmaceutical, energy, technology, finance and entertainment fields. Her current work involves advising and assisting corporate clients in filing petitions and applications for submission to the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Labor and the Department of State.
Helena’s previous experience includes working with a large law firm with IT consulting clients and with a boutique practice focused on federal immigration litigation.
- Assists clients with filing petitions and visa applications to permit the temporary employment of foreign nationals in the United States, primarily in the H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-2 and E-3 categories, including dependent visas and employment authorization for spouses of employees.
- Assists clients with petitions for permanent resident status (green cards) in the following categories: extraordinary ability, multinational executive/manager and advance degreed professionals and professional/skilled workers through the Department of Labor's PERM process.
- Assists multinational corporations in establishing and amending company blankets to facilitate the efficient transfer of international employees.
- Assists US citizens and permanent residents in sponsoring relatives for permanent residence through adjustment of status and consular processing of immigrant visas and assists permanent residents with the naturalization (citizenship) process.
- Assists pro bono clients in obtaining lawful status through humanitarian relief, such as the Violence Against Women Act and family-based petitions.
LLB, Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, 2007