Laura works closely with attorneys and clients to maintain, protect and manage intellectual property assets.
Laura's intellectual property work focuses on emphasis on patent prosecution and litigation and trademark prosecution.
She has nearly twenty years of experience with all aspects of patent prosecution, including U.S., international and PCT filings, intellectual property transactions and due diligence investigations. Laura has handled aspects of key intellectual property litigation and arbitration cases, and assists with aspects of transactional matters and due diligence projects.
- Assists with the investigation and protection of client intellectual property, including patents and trademarks both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Handles domestic, international and PCT patent filings for clients in a wide range of industries, including consumer products, financial services, telecommunications, software, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and media.
- Provides assistance to attorneys in connection with numerous due diligence projects.
- Monitors deadlines for numerous patent applications, issued patents, trademark applications and registrations through the firm's IP management system.
- Assists with transactional matters, including detailed patent due diligence searching for corporate acquisitions; perfects chain of title issues, i.e., lien releases and recording security interests
- Works with the Hunton & Williams pro bono Veterans Project by working with U.S. Veterans to secure treatment with specialized physicians.
BS, Longwood University, Business Administration, Concentration in Management and Marketing, 1991