I have advised on many of Mongolia’s major domestic and cross border M&A transactions following the enaction of the Investment Law of Mongolia (2013).
I’m proud of my all-rounded experience in major transactions (including conducting and coordinating comprehensive due diligence, managing matters and negotiating transaction documents with contracting parties and state authorities) and my well-built relationship with the government authorities.
- Advised Xanadu Mines on its coal and copper licences acquisition and restructuring.
- Advised Areva Mongol on the radioactive licensing requirements and deposit development agreement with the Government of Mongolia.
- Advised on the Power Purchase Agreement of a 55MW Sainshand Wind Park Project.
- Advised Vestas on EPC contract in relation to Tsetsii Wind Farm Project.
- Advised Symbior Solar Siam Ltd in relation to the construction of a 50MW solar PV power plant in the South Gobi region.
- Advised Nordic Aviation Capital on aircraft leases of ATR-72-212A (MSN 773 and MSN 774) to Hunnu Air.
- Advised Rabobank International on US$166 million commodities pre-payment facility to Erdenet Mining Corporation.
- Advised EBRD on restructuring of their senior debt and first ranking security with Energy Resources LLC and the Mongolian Ministry of Finance.
- Advised numerous mass redundancies and employment terminations of major mining (including Oyu Togloi) and mining service companies in Mongolia.
- Advised on the restructuring for various mining and mining services companies including Xanadu, Thiess, Transwest, Wagner and Terra Express.
- Advised Bank of China Representative Office in Mongolia on employment matters and regulatory regimes in Mongolia
- Advised Industrial Commercial Bank of China Representative Office in Mongolia on its establishment, as well as employment matters and regulatory regimes in Mongolia.
Local regulations do not permit MinterEllison LLP to advise on Mongolian law. Local law advice is provided by ME MGL Advocates LLP, a firm of qualified Mongolian lawyers who are co-located in our offices and provide Mongolian law services exclusively to MinterEllison LLP.