Africa Tax in Brief
On 27 July 2017, Botswana and France signed an amending protocol to the Botswana/France Income Tax Treaty, 1999 in Gaborone.
CAMEROON: VAT refund procedure available online
The Guidelines clarify the definition of “funds” to which the amnesty applies and provide guidance on the procedures for claiming the amnesty.
MALAWI: Taxation Regulations, 2017 published
The Regulations generally amend existing ones regarding penalties and interest on non-compliance and became effective from 1 July 2017, except for the Customs and Excise (Tariffs) (Amendment) (No. 4) Order, 2017, which became effective on 19 May 2017.
The TP Regulations are to be interpreted in accordance with the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development’s Transfer Pricing Guidelines for Multinational Persons and Tax Administrations (“OECD Guidelines”), but the provisions of the Taxation Act as amended, and the TP Regulations, will prevail where there is any inconsistency with the OECD Guidelines.
The interest rate spread approved for 2015 was 2%, while the MPR was 13%, resulting in an interest rate of 15%, but no interest rate regime was announced for the period 1 January 2016 to 30 June 2017.
TANZANIA: Finance Bill, 2017 passed by Parliament
Sources include IBFD’s Tax Research Platform; www.allafrica.com; http://tax-news.com
- The Legal 500 & The In-House Lawyer Comparative Legal Guide: Philippines: Mergers & Acquisitions
- Foreign Companies Pursuing Business in China: Proceed with Caution
- Philippines: RR No. 7-2018: Restoring the Notice of Informal Conference as a Due Process Requirement in the Issuance of a Deficiency Tax Assessment
- Tax Reform Extends Credits for Renewable Energy Companies
- ENSafrica appoints new banking and finance director
- ENSafrica launches ENSafrica intelligENS
- ENSafrica newsflash
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.