Rasheed Kamel is fast emerging as one of the leading Corporate M&A and Finance lawyers in Egypt. The IFLR 1000 says â€œthe market has noticed the rise of Rasheed Kamelâ€ and he is described by Chambers Global asâ€ the bright attorney whose projects experience was augmented by a secondment to Slaughter and May to help on the Egyptian LNG project.â€
Practice Areas: Corporate Law; Commercial Law; Procedural Law; Banking and Financial Transactions; Project Finance; Securitization; Loan Agreements and Documentation; Mergers and Acquisitions; Derivatives; Telecommunication.
Representative Work includes:
Banking & Finance (including Shipping & Aviation)
- Advised the European Investment Bank ("EIB") in addition to a syndication of international and local banks granting a loan facility to the sponsors of an LNG project in Egypt for the construction of two LNG Trains. Transaction Value: approx US$ 1.8 billion.
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the "EBRD") in an US$ 45 million aircraft financing transaction covering complex transactions between entities in the Arab Republic of Egypt, France, the Russian Federation, the Peoples Republic of Chain and the Cayman Islands.
- Advised Morgan Stanley International ("MSIL") on different debt and equity related issues.
Acted as local Counsel for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries on a contract for the construction of a vessel for the Suez Canal Authority.
Corporate M&A (including Privatization)
- Advised the Juhayna Group, one of Egyptâ€™s leading dairy products manufacturers, in the acquisition of one of its competitorâ€™s establishments in Egypt ("Domti").
- Advised Franke Holding AG, a Swiss based international holding company for a number of businesses involved in food production on the Approx. EGP 42 Million acquisition of shares in Nile Metallic Industries Company S.A.E., a listed company.
- Advised EFG-Hermes Private Equity in the acquisition of a controlling interest in a steel factory in Egypt.
- Advised Actis, a private equity investor, on its bid, through a fund managed for part of an 18.7% stake in one of Egyptâ€™s leading private sector banks. The stake was held by the National Bank of Egypt on behalf of the Egyptian government.
- Advised Essar Group, one of the leading Indian Groups, in its bid for the acquisition of the Egyptian government's interest in the Suez Steel Company.
- Advised Citigroup Global Markets Limited, in connection with their appointment as exclusive financial advisor to the Egyptian Ministry of Investment in connection with the privatization of Bank of Alexandria.
- Advised a prospective bidder on its bid for the acquisition of the Egyptian governmentâ€™s interest in Alexandria Mineral Oil Company (AMOC).
Bar Admissions2002, Egypt
EducationAmerican University Cairo, Egypt (B.A., Economics, 1997); Cairo University, Faculty of Law, Cairo, Egypt (LL.B., 1999); College of William & Mary, School of Law, VA, USA (LL.M., in the American Legal System, 2001)