France Camille De Mers is a member of the Business Law group. She practices mainly in transactional and commercial law. In her practice, Ms. De Mers negotiates, drafts and revises various legal documents related to commercial transactions (sale and acquisition of businesses, mergers, corporate reorganizations).
Over the course of her career, Ms. De Mers has worked on several major transactions and supported entrepreneurs in all facets of their growth. She advises them on their corporate structure, governance, lobbying and strategic issues.
Ms. De Mers has developed a specialization in intellectual property and advises her clients on information technology, trademarks and the licensing and transfer of intellectual property rights.
- " Développements récents en droit des société " (2019),?Gouvernance des sociétés d?État à vocation commerciale? Rôle et pouvoirs du conseil d?administration et de la direction des sociétés d?État, similitudes et différences avec les sociétés par actions de droit privé? (co-authored with André Vautour and Jean-François Maurice)
- Representation of a successful board game publisher in selling its business for over $80 million
- Representation of a major French publishing company in acquiring two board game publishers allowing it to enter the Canadian market
- Representation of Talent.com (formerly Neuvoo) in the implementation of its $53-million Series A funding by the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to expand into new markets and bolster its platform with artificial intelligence
- Representation of an energy company in setting up a joint venture in the artificial intelligence field
- Representation of an aerospace start-up in several rounds of financing, drafting and negotiating data distribution and marketing agreements and acting as the company corporate secretary
- Representation of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its nearly $160-million investment in two rounds of financing in Top Aces Inc., a company specializing in air combat training
- Representation of Groupe Sélection in the establishment of a consortium for the construction, development and ownership of Espace Montmorency, Laval?s largest mixed-use real estate project worth nearly $500 million
- Representation of an agricultural company in acquiring a competitor resulting in the creation of one of the largest agricultural companies in Quebec
Professional and community activities
- Chair of the Member Relations Committee of the Young Bar of Montreal (2019-2020)
- Professor at the École du Barreau, since 2020
- Post graduate degree in cultural organizations management, HEC Montréal, 2016
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2012