Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Broker-Dealer Law CornerFINRA’s Revolving Door: Much Ado About NothingPosted on April 20, 2018 by Michael GrossAs loyal readers are undoubtedly already aware, I used to work for NASD, and Michael more recently came to Ulmer from FINRA. That hardly means we win every FINRA Enforcement case we are engaged to defend. To suggest that because we came through the “revolving door,” FINRA does whatever we suggest is, frankly, absurd. I...… Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogOIG Offers Online Access to Compliance ResourcesPosted on April 19, 2018 by Denise D. Burke
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportCutback of CFPB Activities Invites State Authorities to Act — But Will They?Posted on April 16, 2018 by Kyle A. Owens and Brenna E. McGeeAmid the uncertainty over the future of the CFPB, another continuing question is whether state consumer protection authorities will act to fill gaps left by the CFPB’s inaction. State attorneys general have tools available to pursue financial services practices that they believe harm consumers, and some have announced intentions to do so. But to date,...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateAlabama Federal Court Will Analyze Blue Cross Blue Shield Antitrust Claims Under Per Se Standard; Defers Decision on “Single Entity” DefensePosted on April 13, 2018 by David Kleban, Jonathan H. HatchA court’s decision regarding the proper standard of review in a Sherman Act Section 1 case—whether to analyze the defendant’s conduct as a per se antitrust violation or under the “rule of reason”—is highly significant. The rule of reason requires a plaintiff to show that the anticompetitive effects of the conduct are not outweighed by [...]
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 54 – Passio Technologies with Mitch SkyerPosted on April 9, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Mitch Skyer from Passio Technologies. Passio Technologies provides scalable transit technology solutions that enhance the passenger experience and enable operators to improve efficiency. Passio Technologies is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: INGOTS: Raw Thoughts and Unpolished IdeasBusiness Model and Computer Program Will Soon be Patentable in ChinaPosted on March 30, 2017 by Spilman AdministratorWe recently received an informational white paper from our agents in China, Lynn Wang and Zhou Jiaxin at NTD Intellectual Property, with news about a change to make software and business methods patentable as long as certain conditions are met. … Continue reading →