Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateThird Circuit Says “Umbrella Damages” Bar Does Not Preclude Antitrust Standing Where Product Is Partly Comprised of Materials Not Subject to the Alleged ConspiracyPosted on February 16, 2018 by J. Taylor Kirklin, Jonathan H. HatchIn a case of first impression, the Third Circuit recently held in In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, No. 16-3795, 2018 U.S. App. LEXIS 2698 (3d Cir. Jan. 22, 2018), that a direct purchaser of a product, comprised partly (but not all) of price-fixed materials, has antitrust standing to pursue a claim against the [...]
- Blog: Broker-Dealer Law CornerExpungement: Already An “Extraordinary Measure,” FINRA Now Seeks To Make It Even Less AccessiblePosted on February 15, 2018 by Alan WolperExpungement is a funny thing, and here’s why: for years, claimants’ counsel have complained loudly to FINRA that expungement was being granted too frequently, that legitimate customer complaints were disappearing from CRD, resulting in an unfair, sanitized representation of brokers’ records that put unsuspecting customers at risk. As Andrew Stoltmann, PIABA’s president, put it so...… Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogBetween a rock and a hard place: medical device stakeholders disappointed by cancelled CMS rulemakingPosted on February 14, 2018 by Denise D. Burke
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 50 – Questis with Steve WilbournePosted on February 12, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Steve Wilbourne from Questis, a comprehensive financial wellness technology platform that allows financial institutions to offer their customers and their employees a configurable financial wellness program at scale. Questis is headquartered in Charelston, SC.
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportFasten Your Seatbelts: Are You Ready for Another Eventful Year?Posted on January 16, 2018 by Elizabeth A. Khalil2018 has a tough act to follow, after a 2017 full of momentous developments—starting with a new Administration and wrapping up with a showdown over the right to serve as Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) (a fight that continues as of this writing, as discussed below). But 2018 is unlikely to...Continue Reading…
- Blog: INGOTS: Raw Thoughts and Unpolished IdeasBusiness Model and Computer Program Will Soon be Patentable in ChinaPosted on March 30, 2017 by Spilman AdministratorWe recently received an informational white paper from our agents in China, Lynn Wang and Zhou Jiaxin at NTD Intellectual Property, with news about a change to make software and business methods patentable as long as certain conditions are met. … Continue reading →