My clients include listed and private companies, managed investment schemes, private equity sponsors, institutional investors, and lead managers and underwriters.
Clients value my cross-border experience, having worked for a top-tier law firm in New York, as well as my practical advice and innovative solutions.Career highlights
- Yancoal Australia Limited - advised on the A$3.2 billion equity raising to fund the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Coal & Allied
- Intermediate Capital Group – advised on the $2.5 billion IPO and ASX listing of Link Administration Holdings Limited
- Vitaco Holdings Limited – advised on the $330 million buyout and take-private of Vitaco Holdings Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement, following on from the $320 million IPO and ASX listing of Vitaco the preceding year
- Insurance Australia Group Limited – advised on $1.5 billion placement and SPP to fund its $1.85 billion acquisition of the Australian and New Zealand insurance underwriting businesses of Wesfarmers Limited
- Tegel Group Holdings Limited – advised on Tegel's $551 million initial public offering (IPO) and dual listing on the ASX and New Zealand Exchange (NZX)
- Lloyds Banking Group – advised on the $1.55 billion sale of Lloyds' Australian asset finance business (Capital Finance Australia Limited) and corporate loan business (BOS International (Australia) Limited) to Westpac Banking Corporation
- Bellamy's Australia Limited – advised Bellamy's on the $60.4 million pro rata accelerated non renounceable entitlement offer of Bellamy’s Australia Limited
- Joint lead managers and underwriters – advised on the $67.5 million pro rata accelerated non renounceable entitlement offer of Xenith IP Group Limited
- Advised on ALS's $325 million pro rata accelerated non renounceable entitlement offer
- SkyCity Entertainment Group Limited – advised SkyCity on its NZ$263 million pro rata accelerated entitlement offer
- isentia Group Limited – advised on the $465 million IPO and ASX listing
Areas of Practice
- Equity capital markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private equity
- Daniel Scotti |October 2018
- Daniel Scotti, Nicole Sloggett |July 2018
- ASX and ASIC raise the bar on IPO admissions and financial disclosure obligations
On 12 May 2016, ASX issued a consultation paper (ASX Consultation Paper) which sets out the changes which ASX proposes to make to the existing admission requirements to ensure that the ASX market continues to be a market of quality and integrity and remains internationally competitive. The key changes proposed (which increase certain thresholds and update and clarify the requirements) target entities seeking admission in the main 'ASX listing category'.
- MinterEllison acts on Electro Optic Systems capital raising
MinterEllison advised EOS on its capital raising as the effects of COVID-19 set in
- COVID-19: ASX amends temporary extra placement capacity waiver
ASX has updated the class waiver (released on 31 March) that implements temporary emergency capital raising measures to help listed entities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The waiver adds disclosure requirements that clarify certain matters which primarily relate to the allocation policy and process used by issuers for placements relying on the waiver.
- Top 10 practical tips when preparing for an IPO
Is your company an IPO candidate? If so, how can you best prepare for a successful IPO? We share some top tips to maximise your chances of success.
- ASX introduces new admission requirements for entities seeking a listing on ASX
After months of consultation with industry and market participants, on 2 November 2016 ASX released its new listing rules for entities seeking admission to the official list of ASX. The new changes will take effect on 19 December 2016 and will have the greatest impact on those entities seeking admission to the official list of ASX in the main 'ASX listing category'* and are set out below.
- Australian Life Sciences and Biotech - Key themes and trends
The Australian life sciences and biotech sector is likely to continue its resurgence over the next twelve months, with global trends driving strong M&A activity in life sciences and biotech M&A. We have identified 6 key themes for activity in this sector.
- Catching PIPEs in the wave of COVID-19 capital raisings
With dwindling cashflows, many ASX companies have started to raise capital to shore up their balance sheets. To assist those considering PIPE, here's our everything you need to know guide.
- MinterEllison advises ASX-listed MCP Master Income Trust on $381 million capital raising
MinterEllison has advised ASX-listed investment trust, MCP Master Income Trust (ASX:MXT), on its proposed $381 million capital raising.
- ASIC guidelines for AGMs in a COVID-19 environment
New ASIC guidelines will Australian public companies hold AGMs in light of social distancing requirements and restrictions on indoor gatherings.
- A capital idea - ASX and ASIC relax rules for COVID-19 raisings
Entities needing to urgently raise funds will now have some relief, following new steps announced by ASX and ASIC to facilitate capital raisings by listed entities impacted by COVID-19. In addition, ASX has provided guidance in relation to continuous disclosure and financial reporting obligations during the pandemic.
- Yancoal Australia's US$2.5bn equity raising - A landmark deal
MinerEllison co-advised Yancoal Australia Limited's US$2.5 billion equity raising, which provided funding for the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Coal & Allied from wholly-owned subsidiaries of Rio Tinto Limited.
- Fast and furious ‘take private’ action in FY2016 while IPOs hold their own in Equity Capital Markets
The Australian IPO market remained robust in FY16 with some bright spots ahead for 2017 according to the MinterEllison Directions in Equity Capital Markets Report 2016 released.
- Directions in Capital Markets
- Directions in Capital Markets 2018
Welcome to the fourth edition of MinterEllison's Directions in Capital Markets report, part of our annual Deals Trilogy.
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.