Antitrust Update Blog is a source of insights, information and analysis on criminal and civil antitrust and competition-related issues. Patterson Belknap’s antitrust lawyers represent clients in antitrust litigation and counseling matters, including those related to pricing, marketing, distribution, franchising, and joint ventures and other strategic alliances. We have significant experience with government civil and criminal/cartel investigations, providing the unique perspectives of former...
Robin Krause is a Partner in the Firm’s Tax-Exempt Organizations department. Ms. Krause has extensive experience in the representation of public charities, private foundations, and other 501(c) organizations including social welfare organizations and trade associations. Her practice focuses on governance and tax matters, international grantmaking and operations, program-related investing, donor-advised funds, and state and federal regulatory matters. Ms. Krause also has facilitated Board reviews of governance and accountability issues, provides training on lobbying activities for public charities and private foundations, and advises investment and audit committees on current issues.
Ms. Krause also advises individuals and corporations on charitable giving and philanthropic planning and represents a number of corporate foundations.
Ms. Krause serves as the Co-Chair of the Private Foundations Subcommittee of the Exempt Organizations section of the American Bar Association and has served as a member of the Advisory Board of the National Center of Philanthropy and the Law at New York University. She has served on the Advisory Boards for Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors Guide to Mission Related Investing and Foundation Strategy Group’s Initiative on the Law of Mission Related Investing and is a member of the Board of Directors of MyFace and of the Mertz Gilmore Foundation. She lectures regularly and her speaking engagements include:
- Advancing Foundation Archives, Advocacy, Strategies and Solutions ( June 2019)
- King Badouin Foundation United States (May 2019: Tax-Efficient Giving in the United States)
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law Nonprofit Organizations Institute (2018: Disaster Relief: What a Nonprofit Needs to Know When Disaster Hits Your Community)
- Ford Foundation and New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (2017: Arts and Advocacy: Navigating Lobbying, Political Activity and the First Amendment in 2017 – Lobbying and Political Activity: Best Practices for NonProfits)
- Georgetown Law Representing and Managing Tax-Exempt Organizations (2016: Advanced Self Dealing Issues)
- American Bar Association, Tax-Exempt Organizations Sub-Committee (2016: Donor Advised Funds: Priority Issues for Regulatory Guidance)
- New York
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1985)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Areas of Practice
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Family Offices
- Founders & Entrepreneurs
- State Attorneys General
Professional Activities and Experience
MEMBERSHIPS: Advisory Board of the National Center of Philanthropy and the Law at New York University (2013-2016); American Bar Association (Committee on Tax Exempt Organizations, Co-Chair of the Sub-Committee on Private Foundations); Association of the Bar of the City of New York; New York State Bar Association; Secretary and Assistant Treasurer, Mrs. Giles Whiting Foundation (1997-2015); Director, Pro Mujer, an international women's micro-finance organization (1997-2001); Lecturer.
- Robin Krause, Jean-Claude Lanza; Seona Lee |October 2016
- Co-Author, "Demystifying Program Related Investments," New York University Conference on Tax Planning for Exempt Organizations
DataSecurityLaw.com is the firm’s resource for the latest news, analysis, and thought leadership in the critical area of privacy and cybersecurity law. Patterson Belknap’s Privacy and Data Security practice provides public and private enterprises, their leadership teams and boards with comprehensive services in this critical area. Our team of experienced litigators, corporate advisors and former federal and state prosecutors advises on a broad range of privacy and data protection matters...
ExemptOrgResource.com is an online resource for information and insight on the unique legal issues impacting nonprofit organizations. The site is designed to keep the nonprofit, tax-exempt organization community up-to-date on legal developments, changing regulations and good practices.
The blog is a source for insights and developments related to practice in the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court. This blog reviews key developments in the Commercial Division, including important decisions handed down by the Commercial Division and appellate court decisions reviewing Commercial Division decisions. The blog also covers changes and proposed changes to Commercial Division rules and practice, including revisions to the rules since January 2015. The...
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.