I have consistently been named as one of Australia's best lawyers by Best Lawyers Australia in the categories: mining law, energy law, corporate law, M&A law, oil and gas law and in 2016, equity capital markets. I was also named as a pre-eminent energy & resources lawyer in South Australia by Doyle's Guide in 2018 and 2019 and Lawyer of the Year in Mining Law in South Australia by Best Lawyers Australia in 2019.
- Shanghai CRED Real Estate Stock Co., Limited – acted in relation to its takeover bid for S. Kidman & Co Limited, which was made jointly with Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd
- PosGold Limited – advised on its $4 billion merger with Normandy Mining Limited and Gold Mines of Kalgoorlie Limited, which created Australia’s largest gold mining company
- Elders Limited – guided the company in its successful takeover of Australian Agricultural Company Limited
- Commonwealth Office of Asset Sales – assisted with its sale by tender of a government business enterprise
- Argo Global Listed Infrastructure Limited – advised the listed investment company (LIC) on its successful $500 million initial public offering (IPO), making it the first LIC listed on the Australian Securities Exchange dealing exclusively with offshore listed infrastructure investments
- Beston Global Food Company Limited – acted in relation to the company’s $100 million IPO
- Hillgrove Resources Limited – helped the company establish its Kanmantoo Copper Mine
- Worked on the $1.8 billion three-way merger of Argo Investments Limited, Bounty Investments Limited and Wakefield Investments Limited, which created Australia's second-largest LIC
- Advised on the $1 billion merger of Newmont Mining’s Kalgoorlie assets
LL B (University of Adelaide), LL M (Companies and Securities) (Uni of Adelaide), GDLP
Areas of Practice
- Equity capital markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- AMPLA the Resources and Energy Law Association, Member, Elected Director, and National immediate past president
- Australian Institute of Company Directors, Member
- COVID-19: Relief for petroleum exploration companies in SA, WA and QLD
To alleviate the impact of COVID-19 containment measures on petroleum companies, South Australia and Western Australia have announced measures to relieve expenditure and work obligations imposed by petroleum exploration licences.
- Gas policy and its impact on pricing and supply
Without policy stability in the gas industry, flexibility will be required by both producers and users as they grapple with pricing, availability and new entrants to the market.
- COVID-19: Relief for mining exploration companies in SA, WA and QLD
The South Australian and Western Australian governments have announced measures to relieve expenditure and work obligations imposed by mining exploration licences. This is designed to help alleviate the impact of COVID-19 containment measures on mining companies.
- MinterEllison advises Andromeda on its $108 million acquisition of Minotaur Exploration
MinterEllison's team advised Andromeda on all components of the deal, including the Bid Implementation and Loan documents, deal timing and structure, and the negotiation of the demerger through which Minotaur's non-kaolin assets will be held.
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.