I am recognised as a leading government lawyer, especially when it comes to resolving sensitive legal claims and preparing Senate estimates briefs, Ministerial advice, briefs for decision makers, responses to Ombudsman investigations and Senate inquiries.
My successful completion of secondments with various government departments has given me a unique understanding of government priorities. This allows me to address my clients’ concerns while managing non-legal risks.
- Commonwealth of Australia – represented the government in a multimillion-dollar claim in the Federal Court of Australia involving the valuation of compulsorily acquired land
- Commonwealth of Australia – obtained urgent interlocutory relief in the Supreme Court of Western Australia, in circumstances where continuity of public services was paramount
- Defended a large construction company in concurrent adjudication applications brought by a subcontractor involving a large Commonwealth complex
- Worked with Defence Force regulations, policies and conditions of service, and appeared in several courts martial on behalf of the Secretary of the Department of Defence and others
- Regularly advise on the application of the Legal Services Directions and compliance with the Commonwealth’s Model Litigant obligations
- Resolving complex compensation claims through discretionary payment mechanisms
- Successfully prosecuted and defended court proceedings in various jurisdictions, including the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia, and state and territory Supreme Courts
LLB (HONS) (AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, 2006); BEC (AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, 2006)
Areas of Practice
- Litigation and disputes
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.