Grant P. Gilezan serves as Leader of Dykema's Environmental Law Practice Group. His environmental practice focuses on regulatory, transactional, contracting, policy and litigation matters involving private and public sector clients. He has experience in site remediation (specializing in multiparty cleanup projects involving large-scale engineering and construction efforts); facility audits; spill reporting; facility closure and redevelopment projects; air emission requirements (especially engine testing and coating); wastewater regulation; underground storage tanks; waste management; TSCA reporting; business and property sales and leases; lobbying on proposed legislation and rulemaking; contracting for environmental services, materials and equipment; and government enforcement, cost recovery and natural resource damage claims.
University of Michigan, J.D. University of Michigan, A.B.
- with honors
Areas of Practice
- American Bar Association, Section Of Natural Resources, Energy And Environmental Law, Member
- Michigan State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter, President (2006-2007), Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference Chair (2006), Bench and Bar Conference Co-Chair (2002), Executive Board (1997-2001), Membership Chair (1997-2000), New Lawyers Seminar Co-Chair (1990-Present)
- 2007 - "FBA Luncheon Program Series"
- 2006 - Dykema Gossett Seminar - "Restrictive Covenants"
- 2006 - Dykema Gossett Seminar - "Lead Claims"
- 2005 - Dykema Gossett Seminar - "Superfund Contribution Rights"
- 2005 - Dykema Gossett Seminar - "Offsite Contamination"
- 2004 - Environmental Law Forum, Wayne State University Law School - "The State of Environmental Law Practice"
- 2004 - SME/Dykema Property Due Diligence Seminar - "All Appropriate Inquiry"
- 2003 - Automotive General Counsel Forum - "European Union End-of-Life Cycle Vehicle Requirements"
- 2001 - University of Michigan Law School - "The State Of Environmental Law Practice"
- 2001 - Michigan Institute of Laundering and Drycleaning - "Best Environmental Risk Management Practices"
- 2000 - General Motors OSHA Training Program - "Environmental Exposure In the Workplace"
- 1999 - Institute of Business Law Seminar - "Environmental Lending Requirements"
- 1999 - WCAR Radio Highlight On Technology Show - "Environmental Regulation In Michigan"
- 1999 - Michigan Institute of Laundering and Drycleaning - "Michigan's Baseline Environmental Assessment"
- Grant Gilezan |September 2019
- FBA Newsletter "President''s Column"
- Crain''s Business Weekly "Superfund Contribution Rights"
- Crain's Business Weekly "Brownfield Developments"
- Brownfield News "The Superfund Windfall Lien"
- Legal Advocator Newspaper "Environmental Duties For Landowners"
- Michigan Institute of Laundering and Drycleaning, Clean Talk Magazine "Owning/Operating Contaminated Property"
- Institute of Business Law Book "Environmental Regulation In Michigan", Michigan Environmental Law, Institute of Business Law
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Environmental Justice Work Group "State Of Michigan Environmental Justice Policy", Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Environmental Justice Work Group Guidance Document
- Michigan Bar Journal "Making Brownfields Green Again: How Efforts To Give Urban Centers An Economic Facelift Have Changed The Face Of Environmental Policy"
- ABA Tax Section Journal "Environmental Taxes And Fees In Michigan"
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.