Mark D. Jacobs' practice focuses primarily on environmental permitting, compliance and regulation, administrative law and regulation, environmental aspects of business transactions, and environmental litigation.
Prior to joining Dykema, Mr. Jacobs had many years of technical experience, working for an environmental consulting firm and a hazardous waste disposal and recycling company.
University of Detroit, J.D., summa cum laude University of Michigan, M.P.H. University of Michigan, A.B.
Areas of Practice
- Michigan Water Environment Association
- Michigan State Bar Association (Environmental Law and Administrative Law Sections)
- American Bar Association (Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law and Administrative Law Sections)
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education - "Environmental Issues for Business Lawyers"
- NSI Consulting and Development - "Environmental Issues Impacting Real Estate Transactions and Successful Negotiating Strategies"
- Dykema Gossett - "Asbestos Liability and Regulation for Building Owners and Contractors"
- Annual Meeting of the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan - "Impact of the June 5, 1995 Amendments to Part 201 of NREPA on Negotiating the Purchase and Sale of Contaminated Properties"
- Institute of Business Law - "RCRA Corrective Action Program"
- Institute of Business Law - "Great Lakes Water Quality Initiative"
- Engineering Society of Detroit - "Surviving a Regulatory Inspection"