I also have broad commercial litigation experience including complex insolvency litigation, property disputes and in regulatory compliance matters for educational institutions.
I take pride in developing trusted relationships with clients – delivering service which displays technical excellence with a pragmatic focus. I am committed to achieving practical, commercial solutions for clients, including by utilising alternative dispute resolution strategies to achieve commercial outcomes at an early stage.
- Financial litigation: acting on behalf of financial institutions in a broad range of customer disputes.
- Retail collections: acting on behalf of financial institutions in retail collections recoveries, including managing complex and sensitive customer disputes.
- AFCA complaints: advising in relation to AFCA complaints, including drafting submissions and preparing for conciliation conferences.
- Insolvency: acting on behalf of financiers and insolvency practitioners in various receiverships, administrations, liquidations and security enforcement matters.
- Expertise in general commercial litigation across a range of different industries.
- Managing a high volume of contentious financial litigation matters.
- Successfully defending financial institutions against allegations of misconduct.
- Acting in complex insolvency matters involving the construction of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) with respect to competing priority issues.
- Assisting higher education and vocational education and training providers in regulatory compliance matters;
- Significant community investment and pro bono work, including acting in a number of elder abuse matters for disadvantaged individuals and providing pro bono legal advice in the Homeless Persons Legal Clinic and QCAT Self-Representation Service.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation and disputes
- ASIC has approved changes to the Banking Code of Practice adopting Hayne Royal Commission recommendations
In December 2019, ASIC approved an updated version of the Australian Banking Association's Banking Code of Practice, which will come into force on 1 March 2020.
Meet our Firms and Professionals
WSG’s member firms include legal, investment banking and accounting experts across industries and on a global scale. We invite you to meet our member firms and professionals.