India Releases: 2020-21 Union Budget
Hon’ble Finance Minister, Government of India, while presenting the Union Budget 2020 today stated that her proposals are structured around the themes of ‘Aspirational India’, ‘Economic Development’, and a ‘Caring Society’. As we start decoding the fine print of her tax proposals please find hereinbelow key tax highlights of the Finance Bill, 2020.
PROPOSALS REGARDING CHANGES IN DIRECT TAXES
International Tax Issues
PROPOSALS REGARDING CHANGES IN INDIRECT TAXES
Rate movement in Basic Customs Duty (‘BCD’)
Increase in BCD
Reduction in BCD
Social Welfare Surcharge (‘SWS’)
Incentivising ‘Make in India’
Anti-dumping duty (‘ADD’)
Our perspective on the aforesaid and detailed analysis of the tax proposals will follow shortly.
For additional information or queries, please feel free to reach out to our tax partners:
Mr. Shahid Khan (Senior Partner - Direct Tax) at [email protected] and
Ms. Shampa Bhattacharya (Partner - Indirect Tax) at [email protected]
- Ohio Supreme Court Finds Sale of LLC Interests May Be Real Estate Value for Tax Increase Complaints
- Carey’s Tax Contribution to ICLG
- Tax Day
- Final Opportunity Zone Regulations Released
- Kochhar & Co. Announces that Rajarshi Chakrabarti has Re-joined the Firm as Senior Partner and Resident Head of the Mumbai Office
- Kochhar & Co. Ranked as India's Top-Tier Firm by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Kochhar & Co. Recipient of the India Legal Awards for the Best Mergers & Acquisitions Team of the Year 2019-20
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.