Venezuelan Legal Context: Oil, Gas and Mining
We would like to present our publication entitled "Venezuelan Legal Context: Oil, Gas and Mining". In it you will find 6 papers prepared by members of LEGA's Energy and Natural Resources practice area.
With these papers we wish to contribute to the discussion of key aspects related to energy and natural resources issues in Venezuela. The essays summarize some aspects that we have analyzed from a practical, but also theoretical perspective, so while they try to analyse some important concepts, they also aim to suggest practical solutions to some problems that we identified.
The essays collected are the following:
- "Some thoughts on PDVSA’s legal regime, in view of a possible reorganization of the hydrocarbons industry", by Simón Herrera Celis.
- "The Natural Gas Industry in Venezuela (Reflections on the general basis for a legal framework for gaseous hydrocarbons in Venezuela)", by Miguel Rivero Betancourt.
- "Applicable legislation to oil mixed joint ventures", by Simón Herrera Celis and Miguel Rivero Betancourt.
- "State's equity participation and taxation in the activity of hydrocarbons in Venezuela (Reflections and ideas for a reform)", by Elina Pou Ruan.
- "International commercial arbitration in the oil industry", by Simón Herrera Celis and José Alberto Ramírez León.
- "Public and private initiative in mining activity in Venezuela: An introduction", by Carlos García Soto.