Tax Updates December 2021 (SyCipLaw Tax Issues and Practical Solutions (T.I.P.S.) International Edition Vol. 4)
SyCipLaw’s Tax Department has prepared an international edition of its Tax Issues and Practical Solutions (T.I.P.S.) for the last quarter of 2021.
The SyCipLaw T.I.P.S - International Edition covers the top 10 tax issues of 2021:
1. What are the salient provisions on income tax under the Corporate Recovery and Tax Incentives for Enterprises Act, or CREATE Act?
2. What fiscal incentives will be granted under the CREATE Act and who can avail themselves of these incentives?
3. What is the Financial Institutions Strategic Transfer (FIST) Act and what are the tax incentives under this new law? (UPDATED)
4. How are the amendments under the CREATE Act on certain final taxes implemented by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)?
5. What are the new procedures for availing of tax treaty benefits?
6. Are social media influencers required to register with the BIR?
7. How can a social media influencer avoid the risks of double taxation on income received from non-resident foreign companies residing in a country with which the Philippines has a tax treaty?
8. Sales to Export Enterprises - 12% or 0%? (UPDATED)
9. POGOs - Quo vadis? (UPDATED)
10. Are your bingeing days in streaming platforms over?