Are Pension Funds, PBOs and Universities Exempt From All Taxes?
The South African Income Tax Act, 1962 (the “Income Tax Act”) contains exemptions from income tax that apply to institutions such as pension funds, certain universities and non-profit public benefit organisations, with an altruistic or philanthropic intent.
Tax exemptions are not limited to income tax – pension funds, PBOs and universities may also qualify for an exemption from donations tax, dividends tax and capital gains tax (all levied in terms of the Income Tax Act).
- Biased Tax Collection on ‘Streaming’
- Texas Supreme Court Holds: No Cause of Action for Interference With Inheritance Rights
- Nexus in a Post-Wayfair World
- What The Supreme Court's Wayfair Ruling Means for Businesses
- ENSafrica appoints new banking and finance director
- ENSafrica launches ENSafrica intelligENS
- ENSafrica newsflash
WSG Member: Please login to add your comment.