Recruitment for Senior-Level Corporate and M&A Lawyers
Founded in 2015, Kudun and Partners is a modern and forward-thinking law firm with a vision for a more client-focused way of practicing. Our highly experienced team of Thai and international lawyers, comprised of 16 partners with over 50 associates, act as trusted advisors to leading Thai and international private and public corporations including a range of government entities, financial institutions, and private equity funds on transactions in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia, covering the full spectrum of industry sectors. In only six years since our inception, we have been awarded the highly coveted Thailand Law Firm of the Year by The Legal 500 Southeast Asia Awards 2020/2021 and 2023, a reflection of the firm’s commitment to delivering work that exceeds expectations and raises industry standards.
What makes us different?
Our culture allows our team members to define their career paths based on their strengths, and our ambitious outlook ensures that we continue to provide opportunities for everyone to thrive. We are committed to fostering a culture of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). Our basic principles revolve around working together as a team, respecting and supporting one another as a family, fostering unity as well as encouraging equality and fairness. We practice an open-door policy where team members are encouraged to speak out and share ideas. The steering members of the firm are steadfast in their belief that employees are the business’s most valuable asset, and they hold frequent get-togethers, whether online or offline, to meet and speak. In April 2022, our firm was recognized as Thailand’s Employer of Choice, 2022 by Asian Legal Business, a Thomson Reuters publication, alongside some of the longest-standing law firms in Thailand.
Join us if you are ready to be part of our team!
About the Role
We are currently seeking to hire accomplished senior associates with over 8 years of experience in Corporate and M&A practice to complement our award-winning practice. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in supporting our Corporate and M&A team across a spectrum of corporate transactions. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking to work in a collegial and productive environment with transparent, open communication and a robust team ethos. We offer competitive remuneration packages and excellent future career growth for the right candidates.
- Collaborating with clients on a wide array of corporate and commercial matters, encompassing M&A, inbound and outbound investments, financing, real estate, and other strategic initiatives. Your involvement will span all phases, from diligent due diligence to the formulation and negotiation of term sheets and comprehensive transaction documentation, culminating in support during transaction closures and post-closing integration.
- Drafting, reviewing, and revising all kinds of commercial contracts or legal documents in both Thai and English.
- Providing legal advice and opinions in relation to corporate and commercial matters.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong client relationships through effective, consistent communication, and the provision of clear explanations.
- Playing a vital role in nurturing business relationships with our existing clients and serving as the primary point of contact in client meetings, representing the firm with professionalism.
- Supervising the work of junior associates and mid-level associates, ensuring the quality and efficiency of their contributions.
- Actively contributing to the development of relevant practice groups, including developing training programs.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to junior and mid-level associates, which includes reviewing associates’ work and providing constructive feedback as necessary to foster their professional development.
- Participating in business development activities; such as awards and rankings submissions, CSR and pro bono initiatives, networking events and other knowledge management, professional development and the firm’s administrative activities as required.
- A qualified lawyer with a minimum of 8 years of experience in law firms, showcasing a proven track record in Corporate and M&A practice.
- Possess strong analytical skills to dissect complex legal issues, along with a keen ability to draft precise legal documents and communicate effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Thai languages.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and possess a client-centric attitude.
- Able to work independently if required, and learn quickly and adapt to different roles in a growing team.
- Possess the ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Graduation with a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree holder is an added advantage.
If you meet these qualifications and is enthusiastic about the prospect of collaborating with some of Thailand’s finest legal minds at one of Southeast Asia’s most innovative emerging law firms, we eagerly await your application. Your expertise and dedication will play a crucial role in our continued success.
This position is based at our office in the new Vivre Langsuan building located along Soi Langsuan. https://goo.gl/maps/etvMwGs34Dj459J58
Kudun and Partners is constantly expanding to meet our clients’ needs. We want to attract and champion the best legal talent in Thailand. Is this you? Please email your resume to [email protected]
Posted on SEPTEMBER 2023
The post Recruitment for Senior-Level Corporate and M&A Lawyers appeared first on Kudun.