- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogEDPB Publishes Guidelines on the Right to Be Forgotten in Search Engine CasesPosted on December 13, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn December 11, 2019, the European Data Protection Board published its draft guidelines 5/2019 on the criteria of the right to be forgotten in search engine cases under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Continue Reading
- Blog: Biologics BlogMylan and Biocon Launch Herceptin (trasuzumab) Biosimilar Ogivri™ in U.S.Posted on December 12, 2019 by Last week, Mylan and Biocon announced the U.S. launch of Ogivri™ (trasuzumab-dkst), a biosimilar to Herceptin® (trasuzumab). Genentech’s Herceptin, which was first approved in 1998, is a monoclonal antibody used to treat breast cancer and metastatic stomach cancer. Genentech and its parent company Roche had previously tried to block Ogivri™ from the U.S. market by [...]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Publishes 2019 Required Amendments ListPosted on December 10, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupIn Notice 2019-64, the IRS published the Required Amendments List for 2019, which lists statutory and administrative changes in plan qualification requirements that (i) are first effective in the plan year in which the list is published and (ii) may require a plan amendment. This year’s list contains two items related to the final regulations […] The post IRS Publishes 2019 Required Amendments List appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: BuildSmartSuspension & Debarment Annual Report: Key TakeawaysPosted on December 6, 2019 by Aron C. BeezleyThe Interagency Suspension and Debarment Committee (ISDC) recently issued its annual report to Congress on federal government suspension and debarment activities for fiscal year (FY) 2018. As discussed below, this year’s ISDC report shows that, while suspension and debarment-related actions have decreased from FY 2017, the FY 2018 data still reflects “nearly double the activity...Continue Reading
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogEDPB publishes finalised Guidelines on Territorial Scope of the GDPRPosted on December 6, 2019 by Davinia BrennanOn 12 November 2019, the EDPB published its finalised Guidelines on Territorial Scope of the GDPR (3/2018). The Guidelines aim to assist companies and supervisory authorities in determining whether a particular processing activity falls within the territorial scope of the GDPR. The key changes to the draft Guidelines include clarification that: whilst some of a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCapital Markets Litigation Team Defeats Jurisdictional Challenge to Ponzi Scheme DisputePosted on November 27, 2019 by Carly ColemanLowenstein Sandler’s Capital Markets Litigation team recently defeated a fund administrator’s renewed motion to dismiss on jurisdictional grounds, a second key victory in an action for common law fraud, securities fraud, and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act violations, among other claims. The plaintiffs, investors in a tax lien fund, seek to recoup millions of... Continue Reading