- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Updates Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Audit Technique GuidePosted on August 1, 2021 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe IRS recently updated its Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Audit Technique Guide (the “Updated Guide”), which replaces the previous version published in June 2015. The Updated Guide provides more detailed guidance on the legal standards applicable to deferred compensation arrangements, including the addition of specific citations to relevant regulations and revenue rulings. Notably, the Updated Guide […] The post IRS Updates Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Audit Technique Guide appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogLuxembourg DPA Fines Amazon 746 Million Euros for GDPR ViolationsPosted on July 30, 2021 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn July 16, 2021, the Luxembourg data protection authority (Commission nationale pour la protection des donées, “CNPD”) imposed a record-breaking €746 million fine on Amazon Europe Core S.à.r.l. for alleged violations of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The CNPD also ordered Amazon to revise certain of its practices. Continue Reading
- Blog: BuildSmartRead Your Contract: It May Cost You Your Arbitration AwardPosted on July 29, 2021 by Sydney M. Warren and J. David PughImagine receiving an arbitration award in favor of your client. You move to confirm the award, and the award is vacated because the parties failed to mediate prior to arbitration. That is exactly what happened in Burke v. Roberson. In December 2020, the First Court of Appeals in Houston affirmed the vacatur of an arbitration...Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law Blog“No Surprises Act” has a disparate impact on hospital-based physician servicesPosted on July 28, 2021 by The rule imposes sweeping limitations on the amounts providers may charge patients for out-of-network services.
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsCOVID-19 pandemic: who and how to apply for financial support under the Corona Globalisation Mechanism?Posted on July 27, 2021 by Many companies and associations have been and continue to be heavily affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To provide financial support to Flemish companies and associations that suffered a heavy loss of turnover in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Flemish Government developed the Corona Globalisation Mechanism. This support measure aims to prevent the bankruptcy of intrinsically-viable companies and associations and can be applied for in addition to the ‘classic’ subsidies from the Flemish Government.Are you eligible for this financial support? To be eligible for financial support under t...
- Blog: Garrigues Intellectual Property BlogWorld Intellectual Property Indicators 2020 or how all roads lead to China (ii): trademarks, industrial designs and creative industry Posted on July 27, 2021 by Editor1The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has published its World Intellectual Property Indicators Report 2020, which contains valuable information on changes in intellectual property indicators and trends worldwide, from 2018 to 2019, as we discussed in this post. Since these changes have an impact on various different industries and on the economy in general, in […] La entrada World Intellectual Property Indicators 2020 or how all roads lead to China (ii): trademarks, industrial designs and creative industry apareció primero en Intellectual and Industrial Property Blog - G...