- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogEU Council Presidency Published Amended Proposal for Draft ePrivacy RegulationPosted on September 20, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn September 18, 2019, the Presidency of the European Council published its proposed amendments to the Proposal for a Regulation Concerning the Respect for Private Life and the Protection of Personal Data in Electronic Communications. Continue Reading
- Blog: Waller Law BlogCMS expands disclosure requirements and increases enforcement powers in affiliation rule Posted on September 19, 2019 by Patsy Powers,Justin R. Hickerson
- Blog: BuildSmartOIG Report: SBA’s Administration of All Small Mentor-Protégé Program Falling ShortPosted on September 19, 2019 by Aron C. Beezley and Eric A. FrechtelThe Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Inspector General (OIG) recently issued a public report on the SBA’s All Small Mentor-Protégé Program (ASMPP), in which the SBA OIG found certain shortcomings in the SBA’s administration of the program. As discussed below, the report also provides a series of recommendations, most of which the SBA has...Continue Reading
- Blog: Biologics BlogIn Mayo, Federal Circuit Seeks to Head Off Disputes Over When Claims Are “Deemed Allowable” by Counting Continued Examination Time Until Notice of AllowancePosted on September 18, 2019 by Earlier this week, the Federal Circuit declined to further extend the patent term of an antibody patent held by the Mayo Foundation. In Mayo Foundation v. Iancu, the court held that the time spent on a request for continued examination (“RCE”) following a declaration of interference did not count toward the three-year application pendency period [...]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCapital Markets Litigation Team Achieves Key Victory in Pro Bono Transgender Rights CasePosted on September 18, 2019 by Zach Rosenbaum, Jennifer Fiorica Delgado and Meg SlachetkaWe are proud to announce that our team achieved a key victory as plaintiffs’ pro bono counsel in Doe v. Esper, a constitutional challenge to the Pentagon’s transgender service policy. The government’s policy is to discharge or deny enlistment to anyone who will not serve in the gender to which they were assigned at birth, or who is undergoing...… Continue Reading The post Capital Markets Litigation Team Achieves Key Victory in Pro Bono Transgender Rights Case appeared first on Capital Markets Litigation.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogGovernment publishes Legislation Programme for Autumn 2019Posted on September 18, 2019 by Davinia BrennanThe Government Chief Whip, Seán Kyne TD, has published the Government’s Legislation Programme for Autumn 2019. The Programme lists 32 priority Bills; 27 Bills currently before the Houses of the Oireachtas, and 69 Bills where preparatory work is underway. The key data protection and technology-related Bills are set out below. The Programme notes that work...Continue Reading…