- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportNEW – SE Tech Video Series Featuring Chris Hermann, Founder and CEO of Clean Hands – Safe HandsPosted on May 21, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Chris Hermann, Founder and CEO of Clean Hands – Safe Hands. Clean Hands – Safe Hands helps reduce hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) by inspiring a personal-best approach to hand hygiene. Along with voice reminders to wash hands, sensors on alcohol and soap dispensers gather data from badge reels to track […]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsCOVID-19 Relief – Added Flexibility to Code Section 125 Cafeteria PlansPosted on May 21, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupProspective Mid-Year Election Changes IRS Notice 2020-29 allows employers to amend cafeteria plans to permit employees to make the following prospective mid-year election changes (including an initial election) for employer-sponsored health coverage, health flexible spending accounts (“FSAs”), and dependent care FSAs during calendar year 2020, regardless of whether the basis for the election change satisfies […] The post COVID-19 Relief – Added Flexibility to Code Section 125 Cafeteria Plans appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsExtension of Doel 1 and Doel 2 is illegitimate but our energy supply is safe for now …Posted on May 21, 2020 by
- Blog: Appellate InsightSummary Judgment & Hearsay Objections: Viable Since Sweetwater?Posted on May 8, 2020 by Gary A. WattIn Sweetwater Union High School Dist. v. Gilbane Building Co. (2019) 6 Cal.5th 931, the California Supreme Court examined evidence burdens in the context of the anti-SLAPP statute. Despite resolving anti-SLAPP issues, the opinion has serious implications for summary judgment motions that may not be obvious. In resolving anti-SLAPP issues, Sweetwater analogized to summary judgment […]
- Blog: Exempt Org Resource - Nonprofit Law BlogCOVID-19 Employment Law UpdatesPosted on May 5, 2020 by Our colleagues in Patterson Belknap’s Employment Law and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practices have published a number of recent alerts on employment law and employee benefits considerations stemming from the Coronavirus pandemic. These updates are linked below for your convenience. COVID-19 Update: Additional Relief from the DOL for Employers During the Pandemic Outbreak Period (May [...]
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerTips for Running Popular Sweepstakes during a National EmergencyPosted on April 13, 2020 by Robert Laplaca“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” Muhammad Ali We are seeing a nation pitching in to flatten the curve and countless unsung heroes on the front lines trying to help those infected by the coronavirus. Businesses too want to do their part and sweepstakes are a great [...]