- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 57 – RelaPhi with Kimberly EvansPosted on August 21, 2018 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Kimberly Evans from RelaPhi, a management consulting company bringing innovation to the way businesses achieve greater results by recognizing and utilizing the profound talent, enthusiasm and performance of their employees. RelaPhi is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogExplicit consent required to use personal data for health research purposesPosted on August 20, 2018 by Davinia BrennanNew Regulations require organisations to obtain an individual’s explicit consent in advance of processing personal data for health research purposes. The Regulations, known as the Data Protection Act 2018 (Section 36(2)) (Health Research) Regulations 2018 (SI 314/2018), set out a number of mandatory suitable and specific safeguards to be put in place when processing personal data for health research purposes. The Regulations came into effect on 8...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogCalifornia Lawmakers Consider Additional Resources For Attorney General’s Privacy Act RegulationsPosted on August 17, 2018 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPAs reported in BNA Privacy Law Watch, a California legislative proposal in California would allocate additional resources to the California Attorney General’s office to facilitate the development of regulations required under the recently enacted California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Continue Reading
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsClass Action Case Certified for Failure to Provide COBRA Election Notices in SpanishPosted on August 15, 2018 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupA U.S. District Court in the 11th Circuit certified as a class action a case in which the plaintiff argued that her former employer, the Marriott International hotel chain, violated federal law by failing to: (1) provide a COBRA notice in Spanish; (2) adequately explain the procedures to elect healthcare coverage; (3) identify itself as […] The post Class Action Case Certified for Failure to Provide COBRA Election Notices in Spanish appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Waller Law BlogWhy QAPI spells success for skilled nursing facilitiesPosted on August 15, 2018 by Jeffery D. Parrish
- Blog: Biologics BlogFDA Approves First-Ever siRNA TherapyPosted on August 9, 2018 by Today FDA approved the first-ever “small interfering RNA” (siRNA) product, marking a significant milestone in the story of RNA interference (RNAi) technology and clearing the way for a new type of therapeutic. Alnylam® secured approval and Orphan Drug Designation for its siRNA product Onpattro (patisiran), a therapy for the rare hereditary disease transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adult [...]