- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsUnderstanding payment servicesPosted on July 30, 2020 by
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Video Series Featuring Greg White, Board Director, Advisor | Host Supply Chain NowPosted on July 29, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Greg White, Board Director & Advisor to Early-Stage Tech | Principal & Host Supply Chain Now. Greg advises early-stage tech founders to create breakthroughs & accelerate success from startup to growth-stage & beyond. His experience starting, growing & advising tech companies has driven Greg to help founders avoid missteps […]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsCross-Plan Offsetting Practice is Challenged in Class Action LawsuitPosted on July 28, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThis class action lawsuit, styled Scott, et al. v. UnitedHealth Group, Inc., et al., was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota on July 14, 2020. This lawsuit follows the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit in Peterson v. UnitedHealth Group Inc. that was issued last […] The post Cross-Plan Offsetting Practice is Challenged in Class Action Lawsuit appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationKirschner v. JPMorgan Chase Bank: Case UpdatePosted on July 22, 2020 by Jennifer Fiorica Delgado and David ErrollIn a previous post, we discussed Kirschner v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, an action in which the trustee of bankrupt Millennium Labs brought state law securities fraud claims on behalf of a group of “approximately 400 mutual funds, pension funds, universities, [CLO]s and other institutional investors,” against banks that organized a $1.765 billion syndicated loan. The... Continue Reading
- Blog: Appellate InsightAttorneys, Clients, Constructive Knowledge, and Malicious ProsecutionPosted on July 20, 2020 by Neil BardackThe recent Court of Appeal decision in Roche v. Hyde, Nos. A150459, A1500462 (filed 6/30/20), though unpublished, presents a cautionary tale for lawyers and clients. The case arises out of sale of a winery in Sonoma County by Roche (“Seller”) to Ram’s Gate, LLC (“Buyer”). The focus of the fraud and misrepresentation claims by the Buyer […]
- Blog: Taking Care of HR BusinessThis Week's Show: Beyond Stadium StatusPosted on July 17, 2020 by On Saturday, July 18, David Ciullo, co-host of HR Power Hour, interviewed John Brubaker, speaker and award-winning author of Stadium Status, for this segment of HR Power Hour. For this episode, David and John discuss his book on what every large corporation, small business, CEO, and entrepreneur should strive to reach. John Brubaker shares his [...]