North America Blog
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsDeadlines Extended for 403(b) Plans and Pre-Approved Defined Benefit PlansPosted on March 27, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe IRS announced it is extending the deadline for plan sponsors to update their pre-approved and individually designed 403(b) plan documents as well as certain upcoming deadlines applicable to pre-approved defined benefit plans. The IRS’s announcement is available here. The post Deadlines Extended for 403(b) Plans and Pre-Approved Defined Benefit Plans appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportNEW – SE Tech Video Series Featuring David Setzer with MailprotectorPosted on March 27, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with David Setzer, Founder & CEO of Mailprotector. Mailprotector empowers MSPs with a full arsenal of Cloud-based email security, management and hosting services. Our cutting-edge Bracket email data encryption is the easiest personal storage option possible, reinventing the way you store your stuff and providing a new level of customer […]
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportHow The CARES Act Will Impact Small Business BankruptciesPosted on March 26, 2020 by Gregory K. Jones and Deborah D. WilliamsonBuried in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act, which is expected to be passed by Congress and signed by the President today, are revisions to the Bankruptcy Code that are relevant to creditors dealing with distressed debtors. Most notably, the bill will impact the recently-enacted Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019 (the...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Biologics BlogThe FDA Regulatory Landscape for Covid-19 Treatments and VaccinesPosted on March 15, 2020 by As the United States and countries all over the world continue to grapple with the Covid-19 pandemic, the race is on for Covid-19 treatments and vaccines. There is currently no FDA-approved therapy or vaccine for Covid-19. Given the profound urgency, life sciences companies and other researchers are prioritizing research and development of potential therapies and [...]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCryptocurrency and Blockchain Litigation Trends and PredictionsPosted on January 3, 2020 by Alexandra DrozAs cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have expanded, so too have regulatory scrutiny and ensuing litigation. The lack of a uniformly applicable regulatory framework–particularly regarding whether virtual currencies constitute securities subject to the federal securities laws and registration requirements–has led to confusion and uncertainty. Recently filed “fintech” actions are poised to establish precedent in this novel... Continue Reading
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerHappy New Year! Now You Have to Worry About Abbreviating "2020"Posted on January 2, 2020 by Robert LaplacaI came across an interesting article in USA Today about how it’s really easy for miscreants to change the dates on documents abbreviating the New Year as “20.” For instance, say your “free” offer “Ends 1/2/20.” Some hacker may be able to change the date to: “Ends 1/2/2021” or the like, by the simple expedient [...]