North America Blog
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsApproaching Deadline for Cash Balance Plans to Submit IRS Determination Letter ApplicationsPosted on August 6, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupSponsors of retirement plans that use a statutory hybrid benefit formula (e.g., cash balance plans) have until August 31, 2020 to submit such plans to the IRS for a favorable determination letter. However, because “interested parties” must be notified of the filing at least ten days in advance of the submission, the decision on whether […] The post Approaching Deadline for Cash Balance Plans to Submit IRS Determination Letter Applications appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Video Series Featuring Greg White, Board Director, Advisor | Host Supply Chain NowPosted on July 29, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Greg White, Board Director & Advisor to Early-Stage Tech | Principal & Host Supply Chain Now. Greg advises early-stage tech founders to create breakthroughs & accelerate success from startup to growth-stage & beyond. His experience starting, growing & advising tech companies has driven Greg to help founders avoid missteps […]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationKirschner v. JPMorgan Chase Bank: Case UpdatePosted on July 22, 2020 by Jennifer Fiorica Delgado and David ErrollIn a previous post, we discussed Kirschner v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, an action in which the trustee of bankrupt Millennium Labs brought state law securities fraud claims on behalf of a group of “approximately 400 mutual funds, pension funds, universities, [CLO]s and other institutional investors,” against banks that organized a $1.765 billion syndicated loan. The... Continue Reading
- Blog: Appellate InsightAttorneys, Clients, Constructive Knowledge, and Malicious ProsecutionPosted on July 20, 2020 by Neil BardackThe recent Court of Appeal decision in Roche v. Hyde, Nos. A150459, A1500462 (filed 6/30/20), though unpublished, presents a cautionary tale for lawyers and clients. The case arises out of sale of a winery in Sonoma County by Roche (“Seller”) to Ram’s Gate, LLC (“Buyer”). The focus of the fraud and misrepresentation claims by the Buyer […]
- Blog: Taking Care of HR BusinessThis Week's Show: Beyond Stadium StatusPosted on July 17, 2020 by On Saturday, July 18, David Ciullo, co-host of HR Power Hour, interviewed John Brubaker, speaker and award-winning author of Stadium Status, for this segment of HR Power Hour. For this episode, David and John discuss his book on what every large corporation, small business, CEO, and entrepreneur should strive to reach. John Brubaker shares his [...]
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateImpax Oral Argument at Fifth Circuit Reveals Thorny Issues and Uncertain OutcomePosted on June 28, 2020 by Jake Walter-Warner, Amy N. Vegari, Ph.D., William F. Cavanaugh, Jr.On June 9, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit heard oral argument in Impax Laboratories, Inc., Etc. v. Federal Trade Commission. The appeal by pharmaceutical manufacturer Impax marks the first time a court will review the Federal Trade Commission’s (“FTC”) interpretation of the Supreme Court’s watershed decision on reverse payment settlements, [...]