North America Blog
- Blog: Appellate InsightPeremptory Challenges to a Judge: Use It Or Lose ItPosted on April 23, 2019 by Neil BardackA motion to challenge a judge under Code of Civil Procedure section 170.6 has been called a “silver bullet” because it does not require proof of good cause; it only has to be timely filed. In Sunrise Financial, LLC v. Superior Court (2019) 32 Cal.App.5th 114, the Court of Appeal for the Fourth Appellate District […]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Expands Self-Correction Program Under EPCRSPosted on April 23, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe IRS recently published Rev. Proc. 2019-19, which sets forth the most current consolidated statement of the correction programs under the IRS’s Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (“EPCRS”). Pursuant to the new guidance, which became effective April 19, 2019, eligible plan sponsors may use the self-correction program (“SCP”) component of EPCRS to correct certain failures […] The post IRS Expands Self-Correction Program Under EPCRS appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Privacy and Information Security Law BlogDutch DPA Issues Guidelines on Privacy Policies Following InvestigationPosted on April 23, 2019 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPOn April 17, 2019, the Dutch Data Protection Authority issued six recommendations for companies, to be taken into account when drafting privacy policies. This blog entry provides an overview of the recommendations as well as the investigation which preceded their issuance. Continue Reading
- Blog: Biologics BlogLawmakers Release Framework for Section 101 ReformPosted on April 22, 2019 by On April 17, 2019, several lawmakers from the Senate and House of Representatives released a bipartisan, bicameral framework for statutory reform of 35 U.S.C. § 101. The framework was released about two months after the revival of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Intellectual Property. For the past several years, innovators, the Patent Office, and even judges [...]
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 65 – Digital Scientists Bob Klein SE Tech PodcastPosted on March 21, 2019 by AdminDigital Scientists is a software innovation lab led by an innovative team of designers and developers using the latest frameworks and tools to deliver awesome new software products. In this episode we speak with Digital Scientists CEO, Bob Klein. Bob Klein has spent his career driving innovation and change at companies like DHL, Caterpillar Overseas […]
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportAccessing and Protecting Digital Assets: Fiduciary Duties in a Digital WorldPosted on February 28, 2019 by David B. WestExecutors have a duty to gather all of the assets of the decedent’s estate and prepare an inventory of the assets and debts. In days of old, this meant obtaining paper files that had been in the possession of the deceased. The digital world changed all that. Digital content is generally held, not by the...Continue Reading…