North America Blog
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Releases Additional FAQs on Partial Plan TerminationsPosted on May 12, 2021 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupDuring the pandemic, many employers laid off and terminated employees as businesses shut-down and then rehired employees when businesses reopened. Employers who sponsored retirement plans and incurred these fluctuations in their workforce risked that the layoffs and terminations could trigger partial retirement plan terminations, which would require 100% vesting of affected participants. Whether a partial […] The post IRS Releases Additional FAQs on Partial Plan Terminations appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportWorkouts Never Go Out of Style: What To Expect in the CMBS Market During the Second Half of 2021, and BeyondPosted on May 12, 2021 by Edward S. Weil, Mark A. Silverman and Leia Scott2020 was a bad year… okay, it was a really, really bad year. CMBS borrowers, in particular, found themselves in default and often-times upside down on their CMBS loans. While 2021 has started to show signs of life, even showing a gentle decline in special servicing and delinquency rates, a closer look reveals that certain...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Hunton Employment & Labor Law PerspectivesVirginia Super Lawyers Recognizes Reilly MoorePosted on May 10, 2021 by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLPHuntonAK Labor and Employment associate Reilly Moore was recognized as a Rising Star for Employment & Labor by The Washington Post Magazine and Virginia & West Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine, 2021.
- Blog: The Business Law BlogPhase 1 of Canadian Securities Administrators’ Client Focused Reforms
Coming into Effect June 30, 2021Posted on May 10, 2021 by Angela D. Austman, Alaina ZecchiniAmendments to National Instrument 31-103 Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registrant Obligations (“NI 31-103”) and the new requirements under Client Focused Reforms (“CFRs”) The Canadian Securities Administrators (“CSA”) have amended NI 31-103 to introduce new registrant conduct requirements, with the stated objective of better ...
- Blog: Waller Law BlogCMS issues FY 2022 Prospective Payment System Proposed RulePosted on May 6, 2021 by CMS has issued the Prospective Payment System Proposed Rule for fiscal year 2022.
- Blog: BuildSmartBradley Attorneys Receive JD Supra 2021 Readers’ Choice AwardsPosted on May 3, 2021 by David W. OwenBradley attorneys Aron Beezley and Aman Kahlon recently received JD Supra “Readers’ Choice” awards for being among the top authors and thought leaders in 2021. Aron Beezley was named a “JD Supra Top Author” in the government contracting category. Aman Kahlon was named a “JD Supra Top Author” in the construction category. Aron Beezley, co-leader...Continue Reading