Employment & Labor Blog
- Blog: Hunton Employment & Labor Law PerspectivesThe Eleventh Circuit Could Tackle Whether COVID-19 is a Disaster for WARN Purposes with Companies Facing Continued LayoffsPosted on March 5, 2021 by Veronica A. Torrejón, Christopher M. Pardo and Ryan A. GlasgowWhile COVID-19 may have hit the business community like a hurricane, whether the pandemic, in fact, qualifies for a natural disaster exception under the federal law requiring businesses to warn employees of impending layoffs, remains an open question. This February, a federal judge paved the way for the Eleventh Circuit to weigh in on whether a class action can proceed against an employer who was forced to lay off employees due to COVID-19.
- Blog: Garrigues Labor BlogWomen continue to suffer a gender pay gap even after they stop workingPosted on March 4, 2021 by Almudena VigilThe difference in pay between the genders not only affects women during their working life, but also drags on afterwards, even in retirement. In March 2020, the average public pension benefit for men was €1,332.35 in Spain, versus only €877.39 for women, according to data published in the Secretary of State for Social Security’s digital […] La entrada Women continue to suffer a gender pay gap even after they stop working apareció primero en Labor and Employment Law - Garrigues.
- Blog: Labor & Employment InsightsPutting the Brakes on the Gig Economy? Biden DOL Delays Effective Date of Final Rule on Independent Contractor StatusPosted on March 3, 2021 by T. Matthew Miller and Anne R. YuengertOn January 7, we wrote about the DOL’s Final Rule on Independent Contractor Status that was slated to take effect on March 8, 2021. Many employer and business groups applauded the Final Rule because its focus on the economic reality test was intended to make it easier for employers to classify certain workers as independent...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogCorporate Transparency Act creates privacy concerns for Family Offices and Private Trust CompaniesPosted on February 28, 2021 by The Act creates a risk of sensitive ownership information being exposed.
- Blog: Taking Care of HR BusinessThis Week's Show: Everything Owners Need to Know About BoardsPosted on February 12, 2021 by On Saturday, February 13, David Ciullo, co-host of HR Power Hour, interviewed Colleen McCracken Strategic Business Advisor of Everything Owners Need to Know About Boards, for this segment of HR Power Hour. For this episode, David and Colleen discuss everything owners need to know about boards. Colleen McCracken is a Strategic Business Advisor with over [...]