Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Waller Law BlogMajor tax changes in draft reconciliation billPosted on September 15, 2021 by These provisions are subject to ongoing negotiations, and some are more likely to pass than others.
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsBenefit Compliance Tip: Be Sure to Sign on the Dotted LinePosted on September 14, 2021 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupBenefit plan administration can be complicated and challenging, but sometimes it is not the complex issues that cause the biggest problems; it’s the simplest, such as remembering to ensure plan documents and amendments are actually signed. Far too often, when new plans or plan amendments are adopted, the board or a plan committee will adopt […] The post Benefit Compliance Tip: Be Sure to Sign on the Dotted Line appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogEDPB provides guidance on the concepts of controller and processor in the GDPR (Part II)Posted on September 10, 2021 by Sarah ClearyThe European Data Protection Board (EDPB) published its finalised Guidelines on the concepts of controller and processor in the GDPR (07/2020) (Guidelines) in July. These concepts play a crucial role in the application of the GDPR as they determine who is responsible for compliance with GDPR obligations and how data subjects can exercise their data...Continue Reading…
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportAn Enhanced Standard of Commercial Reasonableness for Security Procedures? The FFIEC Updates Its Authentication Guidance for Internet-Based Financial ServicesPosted on September 2, 2021 by Scott R. Fryzel, Lindsay S. Henry and Lauren E. QuigleyOn August 11, 2021, the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (the “FFIEC”) issued new guidance on risk management principles for access to and authentication of electronic funds transfers for the first time in over a decade, titled Authentication and Access to Financial Institution Services and Systems (the “New Guidance”). The New Guidance effectively replaces the FFIEC’s prior guidance on this...Continue Reading…
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerCameo and Commercial Co-VenturesPosted on August 15, 2021 by Robert LaplacaEveryone not under a rock recently learned that you can soon purchase – for a mere $375 – a personalized video greeting from America’s former mayor turned outcast Rudy Giuliani (perhaps even with copious hair dye streaming down his face if he gets riled enough). For those of us new to this modern “touch with [...]
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateFirm Attorneys Author “Trends in Class Certification” Chapter in GCR’s US Courts Annual Review Posted on July 19, 2021 by William F. Cavanaugh, Jr., David Kleban, Jonathan HermannThe past decade has witnessed significant development in class action certification standards in the antitrust context, and the past year has been no exception. Questions of predominance continue to be at the forefront, although the numerosity requirement has also been put to the test. This chapter places these issues of class certification in context by [...]