Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsEMPLOYEE BENEFIT/EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION CHANGES MADE BY THE CARES ACTPosted on April 1, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupOn March 27, 2020, Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the “CARES Act”). This historic $2 trillion relief package received bipartisan support and is part of the third wave of federal government support as the nation copes with the acute economic fallout from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Some of the key […] The post EMPLOYEE BENEFIT/EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION CHANGES MADE BY THE CARES ACT appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportNEW – SE Tech Video Series Featuring Dan McFall, CEO of Mobile LabsPosted on March 31, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Dan McFall, CEO of Mobile Labs. Mobile Labs is the leading supplier of in-house mobile device clouds that connect remote, shared mobile devices to Global 2000 mobile web, gaming, and app engineering teams. Its patented GigaFox™ is offered on-premises or hosted, and solves mobile device sharing and management challenges […]
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportHow The CARES Act Will Impact Small Business BankruptciesPosted on March 26, 2020 by Gregory K. Jones and Deborah D. WilliamsonBuried in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (“CARES”) Act, which is expected to be passed by Congress and signed by the President today, are revisions to the Bankruptcy Code that are relevant to creditors dealing with distressed debtors. Most notably, the bill will impact the recently-enacted Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019 (the...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogCOVID-19: Top 10 Employer FAQsPosted on March 18, 2020 by Davinia BrennanCovid-19 is presenting unique and unprecedented challenges for employers who have to grapple with often complex HR and data protection related issues in a rapidly escalating crisis. Employers are anxious to ensure continuity of their business, the health and safety of their employees and compliance with data protection obligations where these arise. Our Employment and...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCryptocurrency and Blockchain Litigation Trends and PredictionsPosted on January 3, 2020 by Alexandra DrozAs cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have expanded, so too have regulatory scrutiny and ensuing litigation. The lack of a uniformly applicable regulatory framework–particularly regarding whether virtual currencies constitute securities subject to the federal securities laws and registration requirements–has led to confusion and uncertainty. Recently filed “fintech” actions are poised to establish precedent in this novel... Continue Reading
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerHappy New Year! Now You Have to Worry About Abbreviating "2020"Posted on January 2, 2020 by Robert LaplacaI came across an interesting article in USA Today about how it’s really easy for miscreants to change the dates on documents abbreviating the New Year as “20.” For instance, say your “free” offer “Ends 1/2/20.” Some hacker may be able to change the date to: “Ends 1/2/2021” or the like, by the simple expedient [...]