Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogICO clarifies time limit for responding to subject access requestsPosted on August 21, 2019 by Charlotte TurkThe UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has amended its guidance on the time limit for responding to a subject access request (SAR). Under Article 12 GDPR, a data controller must respond to a SAR “without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.” This can be extended by a...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Waller Law BlogFederal credit union regulator provides guidance confirming that credit unions can loan to hemp businessesPosted on August 19, 2019 by Marc J. Adesso
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportImportance of Careful Drafting of Intercreditor Agreements Highlighted by Recent Federal Appeals Court RulingPosted on August 13, 2019 by Jonathan E. AbermanOver the past several years, much has been written about how numerous bankruptcy courts have interpreted and enforced bankruptcy and insolvency-related provisions in intercreditor agreements, subordination agreements and other “agreements among lenders” when they may affect a debtor and its estate. Although the Bankruptcy Code itself provides little guidance, the emerging trend has been for...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsDOL Updates Model CHIP NoticePosted on August 9, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe DOL has updated the model notice that employers providing group health coverage may use to notify eligible employees about Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (“CHIP”) premium assistance programs available in their home states. Employers must provide this notice before the start of the plan year. The updated model CHIP notice is available here. The post DOL Updates Model CHIP Notice appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 69 – GXG with Craig LemastersPosted on July 31, 2019 by MMMTechLawWe speak with Craig Lemasters of GXG, which helps executives get “unstuck” from major growth challenges and accelerate change within their organization. GXG is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateCongress, Regulators, and Justice Department Gear Up to Investigate “Big Tech,” But Focus and Scope Under Current Law Remains UnclearPosted on June 16, 2019 by Timothy H. Gray, William F. Cavanaugh, Jr.U.S. lawmakers, regulators, and agencies charged with antitrust oversight have long been criticized for failing to act on alleged anticompetitive activity by the world’s largest technology companies—the so-called “Big Four” of Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Apple. This year, however, government interest in oversight has spiked: In February the Federal Trade Commission launched a task force [...]