Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Video Series Featuring Michael Otis, Founder and Principal of ProficyPosted on July 2, 2020 by MMMTechLawIn this episode, we speak with Michael Otis, Founder and Principal of Proficy. Proficy is a spend, vendor, and contract management solution for multi-location businesses. With a user-friendly strategic sourcing platform, data transformations, and RFx management services, Proficy drives down third-party spend and streamlines the entire procurement process. Watch the video or check out the […]
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Proposed Regulations Address the Elimination of the Deduction for Certain Qualified Transportation Fringe ExpensesPosted on July 2, 2020 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupOn June 23, 2020, the IRS released proposed regulations regarding the deduction of certain employer-provided transportation and commuting benefits to reflect changes made to Section 274 of the Internal Revenue Code by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “TCJA”). The TCJA eliminated deductions by employers for qualified transportation fringe (“QTF”) expenses for amounts paid […] The post IRS Proposed Regulations Address the Elimination of the Deduction for Certain Qualified Transportation Fringe Expenses appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateImpax Oral Argument at Fifth Circuit Reveals Thorny Issues and Uncertain OutcomePosted on June 28, 2020 by Jake Walter-Warner, Amy N. Vegari, Ph.D., William F. Cavanaugh, Jr.On June 9, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit heard oral argument in Impax Laboratories, Inc., Etc. v. Federal Trade Commission. The appeal by pharmaceutical manufacturer Impax marks the first time a court will review the Federal Trade Commission’s (“FTC”) interpretation of the Supreme Court’s watershed decision on reverse payment settlements, [...]
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerTips for Running Popular Sweepstakes during a National EmergencyPosted on April 13, 2020 by Robert Laplaca“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” Muhammad Ali We are seeing a nation pitching in to flatten the curve and countless unsung heroes on the front lines trying to help those infected by the coronavirus. Businesses too want to do their part and sweepstakes are a great [...]
- Blog: Capital Markets LitigationCryptocurrency and Blockchain Litigation Trends and PredictionsPosted on January 3, 2020 by Alexandra DrozAs cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have expanded, so too have regulatory scrutiny and ensuing litigation. The lack of a uniformly applicable regulatory framework–particularly regarding whether virtual currencies constitute securities subject to the federal securities laws and registration requirements–has led to confusion and uncertainty. Recently filed “fintech” actions are poised to establish precedent in this novel... Continue Reading
- Blog: Blog GarriguesContent from Blog Garrigues now on the corporate websitePosted on February 1, 2019 by GarriguesBlog Garrigues was created in 2013 with a view to sharing the knowledge of the firm’s professionals in a new and dynamic way. Nearly six years later and following the conversion of the corporate...