Corporate & Business Blog
- Blog: Haynes and Boone BlogsIRS Expands Self-Correction Program Under EPCRSPosted on April 23, 2019 by Haynes and Boone Benefits GroupThe IRS recently published Rev. Proc. 2019-19, which sets forth the most current consolidated statement of the correction programs under the IRS’s Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (“EPCRS”). Pursuant to the new guidance, which became effective April 19, 2019, eligible plan sponsors may use the self-correction program (“SCP”) component of EPCRS to correct certain failures […] The post IRS Expands Self-Correction Program Under EPCRS appeared first on Haynes and Boone Blogs.
- Blog: Ireland IP & Technology Law BlogEDPB issues draft guidelines on the contractual necessity legal basis in the context of online servicesPosted on April 16, 2019 by Davinia BrennanThe EDPB has released new draft guidelines 2/2019 on the contractual necessity legal basis for processing personal data in the context of the provision of online services to data subjects. The guidelines emphasise the narrow scope of the contractual necessity legal basis. A controller must be able to demonstrate that the processing is ‘objectively necessary’...Continue Reading…
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateUpdate: NCAA Loses in Suit Challenging Student-Athlete Compensation and Benefit Limits, Prepares for AppealPosted on April 7, 2019 by Timothy H. Gray, Robert P. LoBueLast year we wrote about the summary judgment decision in an MDL class action then pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, In re NCAA Athletic Grant-In-Aid Cap Antitrust Litigation. The suit against the National Collegiate Athletic Association and eleven member athletic conferences is a challenge by the plaintiffs (men’s football, [...]
- Blog: MMM Tech Law & Business ReportSE Tech Podcast Ep. 65 – Digital Scientists Bob Klein SE Tech PodcastPosted on March 21, 2019 by AdminDigital Scientists is a software innovation lab led by an innovative team of designers and developers using the latest frameworks and tools to deliver awesome new software products. In this episode we speak with Digital Scientists CEO, Bob Klein. Bob Klein has spent his career driving innovation and change at companies like DHL, Caterpillar Overseas […]
- Blog: NextGen Financial Services ReportAccessing and Protecting Digital Assets: Fiduciary Duties in a Digital WorldPosted on February 28, 2019 by David B. WestExecutors have a duty to gather all of the assets of the decedent’s estate and prepare an inventory of the assets and debts. In days of old, this meant obtaining paper files that had been in the possession of the deceased. The digital world changed all that. Digital content is generally held, not by the...Continue Reading…
- Blog: You Might Be a WinnerThe Year in LawsuitsPosted on December 13, 2018 by Robert Laplaca2018 brought us the type of lawsuits you would expect in the world of sweepstakes, contests and giveaways. From “The Annoyance Lawyer” to Bobbleheads to “You’re Probably Never Going to Be A Winner.” The most depressing thing is the lawsuits themselves, often filled with either corrupt sponsors or litigious plaintiffs. But if you read far enough, you might just learn a few takeaways to help you or your client stay out of court (or find some arguments to get the [...]