Energy & Natural Resources Blog
- Blog: The Nickel ReportGroups Seeking to Expand Reach of Clean Water ActPosted on March 4, 2021 by Brent A. RosserIn April 2020, the Supreme Court issued its opinion in County of Maui v. Hawaii Wildlife Fund et al., 140 S. Ct. 1462 (2000), vacating the Ninth Circuit’s decision. The appeals court had affirmed a district court’s finding of Clean Water Act (“CWA”) liability for the County’s alleged failure to obtain a discharge permit for... The post Groups Seeking to Expand Reach of Clean Water Act appeared first on The Nickel Report. Continue Reading
- Blog: ALTIUS BlogsWEBINAR VIDEO | Posting workers to Belgium: all you need to knowPosted on March 1, 2021 by Belgium is one of the EU countries with the highest number of posted workers. However, foreign employers posting workers to Belgium and Belgian companies ‘receiving’ the foreign workers are often not fully aware of all immigration, employment, social security and tax consequences triggered by such a posting set-up.
- Blog: Antitrust UpdateStaples Announces Plans to Purchase Office Depot: Will Its Third Attempt Be More Successful?Posted on February 10, 2021 by Jonathan Hermann, Melissa R. GinsbergStaples’ parent company recently announced plans for an attempt to buy all outstanding stock of Office Depot’s parent company (ODP) for $2.1 billion, stating that it will pursue an all-cash tender offer in March if the parties cannot reach an agreement by then. Staples attempted a similar purchase in 2016, which it called off after [...]
- Blog: Lawson Lundell Project Law BlogBritish Columbia Contaminated Sites – New Requirements Start Feb. 1, 2021Posted on January 24, 2021 by Will J. Shaw, Jennifer S. NylandOn February 1, 2021, new reporting requirements in British Columbia will apply to owners and operators of lands that have been used for specified commercial and industrial uses. These reporting requirements will also trigger environmental investigation requirements to determine whether or not the lands are contaminated. While the B.C. government believes this will ...
- Blog: Energy Law UpdateWe're Hiring: Seeking Energy and Environmental Associate to Join Our TeamPosted on November 8, 2020 by Verrill seeks to hire an associate attorney to join our Portland office as a member of our Environmental and Energy Groups. Verrill is a full service law firm with more than 135 attorneys conducting a nationwide practice from our offices in Portland and Augusta, Maine; Westport, Connecticut; Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; and Washington, D.C. [...]